Collected Poems, Limited Edition Franklin…

Collected Poems, Limited Edition Franklin Library (Leather) (original 1976; edition 1978)

by W. H. Auden (Author)

Member:EDHSLC
Title:Collected Poems, Limited Edition Franklin Library (Leather)
Authors:W. H. Auden (Author)
Info:Franklin Library (1978), Edition: Franklin Limited Edition, 737 pages
Collections:Non-Fiction, Your library

Collected Poems by W. H. Auden (1976)

Review to follow. ( )
  Maureen_McCombs | Aug 19, 2016 |
The novela The Death Factory was my introduction to Natchez Burning and it gave me a good overview of the principal characters and a lead into the storyline. It didn't quite prepare me for the scenes of lurid sex and sadistic violence, though, and, thankfully, those didn’t occur too frequently. Overall, this was a fast paced thriller, tying cold cases from the Civil Rights era together with present day family drama. One warning: there are more than enough loose plot threads left at the end to bait the hook for the next installment of this series. ( )
  wandaly | Jun 30, 2016 |
One of my favorite writers!! However, this book would have received 5 stars had it ended differently!! I'm hooked, I enjoy your books!! Don't end them on a cliffhanger ensuring I read the next installment!! I will regardless! ( )
  dksturdivant | Mar 17, 2016 |
This book was very well written with dynamic characters and an exciting plot. However, the subject matter got under my skin in a way that made me profoundly uncomfortable. You know how there are some things that you just can't "unsee"? Well, I can't unread this and I sort of wish that I could. Human nature can be profoundly ugly and dark and this shines a light on some of the absolute worst of it. ( )
  lovelypenny | Feb 4, 2016 |
Greg Iles has done it again!!! This book was amazing :) although the stories are complex I find that Iles has a way to keep it 'easy reading' and yet delivers plot twist after plot twist making me read deep into the night.

What I love about this book is the relate-ability of the characters, they each have complex personalities which I can identify with people in my own life.

The story deals with controversial subject matter (as does most of the Penn Cage series) and sheds some light on topics which are rooted in truth.

Cannot wait for the next instalment in what is sure to be the trilogy of the decade!
  Rachel_Sanders | Jan 4, 2016 |

W. H. Audenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mendelson, EdwardEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stephen SpenderForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For CHRISTOPHER ISHERWOOD and CHESTER KALLMAN

Although you be, as I am, one of those
Who feel a Christian ought to write in prose
For poetry is magic: born in sin, you
Read it to exorcise the Gentile in you.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0679731970, Paperback)

Between 1927 and his death in 1973, W. H. Auden endowed poetry in the English language with a new face.  Or rather, with several faces, since his work ranged from the political to the religious, from the urbane to the pastoral, from the mandarin to the invigoratingly plain-spoken.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:01 -0400)

Between 1927 and his death in 1973, W. H. Auden endowed poetry in the English language with a new face. Or rather, with several faces, since his work ranged from the political to the religious, from the urbane to the pastoral, from the mandarin to the invigoratingly plain-spoken. This collection presents all the poems Auden wished to preserve, in the texts that received his final approval. It includes the full contents of his previous collected editions along with all the later volumes of his shorter poems. Together, these works display the astonishing range of Auden's voice and the breadth of his concerns, his deep knowledge of the traditions he inherited, and his ability to recast those traditions in modern times.… (more)

Legacy Library: W. H. Auden

W. H. Auden has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See W. H. Auden's legacy profile.

See W. H. Auden's author page.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,781,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible