Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things…

Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go: 50th Anniversary Edition (original 1974; edition 2024)

by Richard Scarry (Author)

On their way to the beach for a picnic the Pig family encounters almost every kind of transportation vehicle imaginable--and imaginary.
Member:kailaleake
Title:Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go: 50th Anniversary Edition
Authors:Richard Scarry (Author)
Info:Golden Books (2024), Edition: Anniversary, 80 pages

Work Information

Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things that Go by Richard Scarry (1974)

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All languages (19)
The Italian language version (Tutto Ruote) has been popular with our grandchildren for years, so we were happy to pick up an English version of this classic. I looked at the publishing history -- it was already wildly popular, in its tenth printing, when the children's mother was a toddler. Not great literature, but you can't go wrong giving this book to children. ( )
  muumi | Oct 26, 2019 |
On their way to the beach for a picnic, Ma, Pa, Pickles, and Penny Pig get to see just about every kind of real transportation vehicle every made, plus funny pretend cars like a pickle-shaped truck, an alligator-shaped car, a bananamobile, a cheese car, a doughnut car, a wolfwagon, a toothbrush car, a hot dog car, and a mustard tube car. As they journey, they witness super messy crashes, a crazy dog driver wearing a cowboy hat named Dingo being chased by Officer Flossy, and a lot of silly situations. Don’t forget to try to find Goldbug on every page! This is a humorous and engaging book...children can spend hours poring over the detail-rich pages.
  kristinjbriley | Jul 11, 2019 |
I simply loved this book. Wonderful drawings, a nice little story to guide the viewing of the pages and to hint on what's going on. I admire the factvthat there's lots to see, learn and read for children of several ages and levels. Marvellously done!

I hope this book will be the start of a collection with the little boy who gets it for his birthday.

I really, absolutely couldn't resist reading it before wrapping it. Brought back lots of good memories. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Jan 10, 2018 |
I really enjoyed reading this selection because it can be used for any age group. I read it to my preschoolers and they loved it, the toddler teacher read it to her toddlers and they loved it just as much! The book itself is very informative and allows the children to connect the book with their real life experiences and objects. ( )
  ambermescott | Mar 21, 2017 |
This book helps teach categorizing, what goes, whats a car, whats a truck. Different things that go. Can be read to kindergarten and have an activity where they create something that goes. ( )
  Olivia.Morris | Nov 9, 2016 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,510,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible