dismiss

The Runaway Bunny (1942)

by Margaret Wise Brown

Other authors: Clement Hurd (Illustrator)

Series: Goodnight Moon (1)

A little rabbit who wants to run away tells his mother how he will escape, but she is always right behind him.
    Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney (conuly)
    Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes (paulkid)
    paulkid: Transfiguration of rabbits is a common theme of these books.

Classic children's story about a mother's unconditional and unending love for her child. ( )
  titopeter | Jun 11, 2020 |
I like the illustrations; I'm more troubled than I probably should be by the story: I'd like the little bunny to not feel so smothered by his mother. Yes, I understand that her actions are meant to be reassuring, and her son doesn't seem bothered by them. Anyway, some of the pictures harken back to Goodnight Moon and I like the idea of literary references for toddlers. ( )
  raizel | May 7, 2020 |
This book tells the story of a baby bunny who is looking to run away form his mother, but the mother tells him that she will follow and help him wherever she goes. While a very cute story, my favorite part of the book was it's illustrations. I enjoyed how the pages containing words were in black and white, but the pages in between were a beautiful looking watercolor that tied into the words on the previous page. ( )
  ashewert | Feb 22, 2020 |
The illustrations are fantastic...strong, memorable and clever. ( )
  reg_lt | Feb 7, 2020 |
A childhood classic. This book is amazing at addressing a mother's love. I recommend this book for all kids, the moral and message is heartfelt and good. Much like The Kissing Hand, it's one of those feel good books kids will love. ( )
  Yolken | Nov 6, 2019 |

Brown, Margaret Wiseprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hurd, ClementIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Anhava, HelenaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Once there was a little bunny who wanted to run away.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,881,439 books! | Top bar: Always visible