Skeleton Creek

by Patrick Carman

Series: Skeleton Creek (1)

Although housebound following an eerie accident, teenaged Ryan continues to investigate the strange occurences in his hometown of Skeleton Creek, recording his findings in a journal and viewing email video clips sent by fellow detective Sarah. The reader may view Sarah's videos on a website by using links and passwords found in the text.… (more)

English (60)  Dutch (1)  All languages (61)
Quick spooky read with a lot of mysteries. The passwords for Sarah's online videos made a great companion to Ryan's journal and I liked that. ( )
  _Marcia_94_ | Sep 21, 2021 |
This was a creepy, good read. It reminds me of the tv series I watched as a child and enjoyed (Are You Afraid of The Dark, Tales from the Crypt, Ghostwriter, and Goosebumps.) I really enjoyed the hybrid style of writing and video to get the story. I enjoyed the interactiveness of going to my computer after reading the journal and watching videos. This story mode made me feel like I was an additional character in the world-building that found Ryan's journal and needed to know what happened at the Dredge. I would recommend this family-friendly and more creepy than scary story to anyone who enjoys a fun mystery with vanilla-horror elements. ( )
  holdenkillfield | Dec 27, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Great stuff! Your typical YA ghost story, but video integration/easter eggs was well done. ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
Best middle school mystery series by far. ( )
  valorrmac | May 15, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

There was a moment not long ago when I thought: This is it. I'm dead.

Skeleton Creek is a book about weird happenings going on in the small town of Skeleton Creek and Ryan and his best friend Sarah want to get to the bottom of it! While Sarah was in the dredge looking for the ghost of Old Joe Bush, Ryan was trying to catch up with her but was tripped by some one? or something? Ryan ended up breaking his leg and was bed ridden... will the ghost of old Joe Bush come for Ryan and Sarah because they were trespassing in his work space?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,963,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible