dismiss

Montana Creeds: Logan

by Linda Lael Miller

Series: Montana Creeds (1), Montana Creeds Brothers Trilogy (1)

Logan Creed, a cowboy with a law degree, returns home to Stillwater Springs, Montana, to restore his family's neglected ranch and finds himself coming to the rescue of his beautiful neighbor Briana Grant in more ways than one.
Recently added byArina40, nixanook, Squidget

Briana has tragedy after tragedy surrounding her children and home, finding solace and support in Logan as he works through his past history to bring pride to the Creed name
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I loved this book. I cant explain why. It is my first Linda Lael miller book. So far I love her style. Cant wait to plunge into Dylan's Story nxt.

Damsel in distress yet Strong willed: Briana
Hero cowboy with a huge chip on his shoulder: Logan
Three sweet dogs:snooks wanada and sidekick
throw in two great kids: Josh and Alec
and you have have a recipe for a wonderful romance. I love how there was no pussyfooting around the romance. there was an instant and strong connection. I love that her ex didnt mold her into never wanting a guy much less a cowboy ever again. The chemistry was so strong sometimes I even felt it.
You cant go wrong with this book :) ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
I wavered between three and four stars for this book.

On the one hand, Miller has written a wonderful book of fully fleshed out characters. The children are neither too wise nor too cute. Alec, 8 and Josh, 10 are as exasperating and wonderful as boys that age are in real life. Their mother Briana is holding it together as a single mom after getting dumped at Wal-Mart by her husband. She's not played out as a heroic WonderMom, but as your average woman doing what she must, occasionally doing things wrong, to keep on trucking. She felt real to me, reminding me of my own mom in many ways.

Their neighbor Logan Creed has come back to his family's Montana ranch after two failed marriages, a stint in Iraq in the Army and a law career that netted him 30 million dollars. Somehow, he's still in his early to mid-thirties. The math doesn't work for me, but whatever. God forbid we have working-class heroes. He's estranged from his brothers, Dylan and Tyler, after a drunken brawl the day their boozebag father died twelve years ago. (In another bout of fuzzy math, she says the father died when Logan was a college junior, so age 20-21, right? Now if Tyler is 8 years younger than Logan, as she describes, what were they doing drinking whiskey and brawling with a 12-13 year old boy in a bar? But I digress.)He's come back to make a fresh start of it, reconcile with his brothers, get married again and have kids.

The hero, heroine and the cast of supporting characters felt real to me. I felt Logan's confusion, bitterness, sadness and regret without ever once pitying him. Miller does a great job showing the awkwardness between the brothers when they talk to each other. There's no magical, tear-filled bromantic reconciliation moment. Briana frets about her ex-husband's return and how it will affect the boys. She's wary of Vance, her ex, while willing to work with him for the kids' sakes. Her ex starts the book a self-indulgent boor, and ends it a mere flawed human trying to fix his mistakes. The assorted villains are more pitiable than evil. I could've done without the American Indian grandmother with prophetic dreams, but you can't have it all.

The book failed me near the end. A suspense subplot involving Briana's house getting vandalized was both unnecessary and unresolved. The HEA was not only unbelievable but unwanted. Miller has a divorcee with two impressionable boys marry a twice-divorced man after knowing each other less than two weeks. I don't think that's romantic, I think that's reckless, especially because Miller never spent any of Logan's POV time assessing what went wrong in those marriages, who those women were or what sort of man he was then. We're just supposed to believe he's in it for the long haul this time because He's The Hero.

Despite these somewhat major flaws, the characters were compelling and Miller's voice was evocative, so I couldn't put the book down. I eventually settled on a four because I am invested enough in the brothers to want to continue the series, and that must count for something. ( )
  Ridley_ | Apr 1, 2013 |
Enjoyable read........Linda Lael Miller always provides good, beachy novels. Main character in this one , however, is just a bit unbelievable for me. Raised in abusive home Logan becomes a rodeo star, goes to law school, makes millions on a legal web site he creates, and serves as a soldier in IRAQ before coming home to rebuild the family ranch. The rest of the story rings true and once it gets going is a fun summer read. ( )
  KC9333 | Jun 27, 2009 |
I have read a number of books by this author and she never fails to succeed. The characters in this book are written so well you can get attached to them. I truly wanted Briana to be okay and I held my breath as she got into danger. The suspense in this book held me on the edge of my seat and the mystery could not be unraveled as easily as it might appear. This book was a page turner from the beginning right up to the end.
I am not a huge fan of the typical romance novel but I loved this one. The sex scenes were not so over the top or frequent that I became uncomfortable and I am glad for that. When I read a book at work I like to do it with out blushing (if you know what I mean.)
A great book by a great author, off to read the second in the series Montana Creeds: Dyla ( )
  faith42love | May 30, 2009 |

Linda Lael Millerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Garrett, JackReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sander, RalphÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Descendants of the legendary McKettrick family, the Creeds are renowned in Stillwater Springs, Montana—for raising hell…
After years of wandering, Logan Creed, a cowboy with a dusty law degree, has returned home. To put down roots, to restore his family's neglected ranch…to have kids of his own proudly bearing the Creed name.

Divorced mom Briana Grant has heard the stories about her gorgeous neighbor. So Logan's kindness with her young boys is a welcome surprise, especially when her ex reappears. And when an unknown enemy vandalizes her home, Logan shows Briana—and the folks of Big Sky country—just what he's made of.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,104,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible