Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples

by Harville Hendrix

1,1181113,408 (3.98)None
In Getting the Love You Want, Dr. Harville Hendrix presents the relationship skills that have helped hundreds of thousands of couples replace confrontation and criticism with a process of mutual support that facilitates healing and growth. This extraordinary practical guide describes the revolutionary technique of Imago Relationship Therapy, which combines a number of disciplines--including the behavioral sciences, depth psychology, social learning theory, Gestalt therapy, and interpersonal neurosciences, among others--to create a program that transforms conflict into creative tension that deepens connection and renews passion.… (more)

English (10)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (11)
I didn't finish this book - it wasn't what I was looking for. I skimmed a couple chapters and seems well written and is about working on relationships. ( )
  Terrie2018 | Feb 21, 2020 |
After over 20 years, my wife and I still use this book. ( )
  PJCWLibrary | Dec 21, 2017 |
Reading it cover to cover, I've learned skills and practiced same in everyday communication.
  alanwkelly | Oct 18, 2016 |
A desperate self-help book that offers little true assistance because couples who read it together don't need it. When only one partner reads it, that symbolizes the problem. ( )
  FoxTribeMama | Oct 16, 2016 |
A superior book about couple building, and very helpful at the time. ( )
  DinadansFriend | Dec 16, 2013 |
TO HELEN, my wife and best friend, and to our children, Hunter, Leah, Kimberly, Kathryn, Mara, and Josh
When couples come to me for marital therapy, I usually ask them how they met.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,513,651 books! | Top bar: Always visible