HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning
Loading...

Dreamfever

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever (4)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,594844,563 (4.31)45

None.

Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 45 mentions

Showing 1-5 of 84 (next | show all)
Dreamfever
4 Stars

Narration: Phil Gigante is fantastic and his voice for Barrons gives me the chills... Natalie Ross is good as Mac and the change in narration helped me to overcome my dislike for her in the previous books. Nevetheless, Ross's southern accent is not as we'll defined as Beans', which is disappointing.

While the Fever series has excellent world building, a compelling story arc and intriguing characters, Barrons and Ryordan in particular, the first person, limited narrative from Mac's perspective is problematic mainly due to the fact that she is the type of heroine who makes me want to throw the book against the wall. Thankfully, Mac finally matures in this installment and most of the aspects of her personality that I despise are no longer in evidence. Moreover, her revolting reactions to V'lane are gone, thank goodness, and she is slowly coming into her own as a powerful Sidhe Seer.

The banter between Mac and Barrons is the highlight of the book (the beginning is absolutely fantastic once you get past the circumstances leading up to it). The thing that irks me about their relationship is his inability to explain himself and tendency to lash out when he feels helpless, and her inability to see beneath his harsh facade to the true motivation and emotion behind his actions.

The questions concerning Barrons's true identity remain unresolved although I am slowly developing my own theory and it will be interesting to see if it pans out.

The plot progresses in small increments with some interesting twists and turns, however, there are still too many unnecessarily drawn out scenes, particularly the section focusing on the silvers and traveling between worlds, which detract from the tension and suspense of Mac's ongoing conflict with the LM and her relationship with Barrons.

Overall, the series is worth reading despite its shortcoming although I recommend being in possession of all five books at the outset as each one ends on a cliffhanger that leaves you both annoyed and exhilarated. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
Holy crap on a cracker! Cliffhanger much! I can't wait for the next one but I am very very worried now. It just keeps getting better! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
2nd time reading this book...

This is probably my favorite book of the series...no wait, it's for sure my favorite. This is where we truly get to see how much Barrons cares even while pretending not to. And this is where I officially fell in love with him! Mac has been driven to her lowest point and it's only through Barrons that she finds her way back again. We also get to see more of Dani and the sidhe seers. I love Dani, she's just such a fun character to read. And finally, we get to see what all those silvers are about. Cliff hanger of course, but at least I have Shadowfever waiting for me! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Wenn man die ersten drei Teile kennt, weiß man über die Art der von Moning gewählten Enden bescheid - und hat den nächsten Teil bereits parat. So erging es auch mir, der vierte Teil der Fever-Saga wurde schnell begonnen und auch dieser Teil hat mich zum Lachen, Weinen und Jubeln gebracht. Ich liebe diese Serie, von Kopf bis Fuß!

Inhalt:

Die Barriere zwischen der Welt der Menschen und der Welt der dunklen Mächte ist gefallen. Die ganze Welt befindet sich in einem katastrophalen Zustand und Mac, so scheint es, ist der Schlüssel zur Wiederherstellung. Sie will die dunklen Mächte zurück in die Unterwelt drängen und die Welt richten - wäre da nicht der Lord Master, der ihr einen gehörigen Strich durch die Rechnung macht...

Meine Meinung:

Dieses Buch schaffte es bereits auf den ersten Seiten mich zum Lächeln zu bringen. Moning schafft es, mir sogar relativ ungeliebte Charaktere sympathisch zu machen. So kann ich Barrons inzwischen wirklich gut leiden und es macht mir Spaß, ihn und Mac zu beobachten. Besonders in diesem Teil ist, das Dani hervorgehoben wird. Moning beschreibt die Gefühlswelt eines Teenagers phänomenal und ließ mich, nicht nur einmal, vor dem Buch laut lachen. "Eines Tages werde ich einem von beidem meine Jungfräulichkeit opfern."

Durch die Geschehnisse, mit denen der Leser bereits am Ende des dritten Teils konfrontiert wurde, verändert sich die Art der Geschichte. Es ist wie eine 90 Grad Drehung und dieser Teil kommt noch düsterer, noch atemberaubender und temporeicher daher, als die ersten drei Teile. Das ist ungewohnt, nimmt jedoch der Spannung nichts ab und der Lese-Spaß kommt nicht zu kurz!

In diesem Teil werden einige der offenen Fragen geklärt, jedoch erscheinen dafür mindestens zwei neue Fragen, es ist ein Fluch ... oder Segen, die Spannung wird definitiv erhalten und wer glaubte, das nach drei Teilen die Luft heraus sein müsste, wird hier eines besseren belehrt.

Neben dem bereits bekanntem Tagebuchauszug (incl. Ergänzungen zum 4. Teil), findet der Leser diesmal Rezepte aus Dublin auf den letzten Seiten. Natürlich, ganz der Story angepasst, mit Unseelie-Fleisch. Allein die kleinen Bemerkungen, von denen sie begleitet werden, sind einfach toll! ( )
  Wandapanda | Mar 13, 2016 |
Loved this book, can't wait to finish the series. I liked the new narrators better than the original for the first three books, glad they made the change. ( )
  nike13 | Mar 10, 2016 |
Showing 1-5 of 84 (next | show all)
I come here not to bury Dreamfever but to wonder at it. Who exactly is reading it and its earlier iterations? My mother, who consumes trashy hardcover bestsellers on a daily basis, declared it too junky “even for her.” It seems too weird and complicated to appeal to love-starved teenagers, but too cheesy and self-consciously “erotic” to appeal to the super-geeky ones. The recipes force me to assume the target audience is very strange housewives.
 
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
Some people are a force of nature. Like wind or water over stone, they reshape lives. This book is dedicated to Amy Berkower.
First words
When I was in high school, I used to hate that Sylvia Plath poem where she talked about knowing the bottom, that she knew it with her great taproot and that it was what everybody else feared, but she didn't, because she'd been there.
Quotations
I wasn't poised between stupid and testing my limits. Miles of uncharted stupid stretched on both sides of the line on which I stood.
Last words
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (1)

Book description
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

They may have stolen my past, but I’ll never let them take my future.

When the walls between Man and Fae come crashing down, freeing the insatiable, immortal Unseelie from their icy prison, MacKayla Lane is caught in a deadly trap. Captured by the Fae Lord Master, she is left with no memory of who or what she is: the only sidhe-seer alive who can track the Sinsar Dubh, a book of arcane black magic that holds the key to controlling both worlds.

Clawing her way back from oblivion is only the first step Mac must take down a perilous path, from the battle-filled streets of Dublin to the treacherous politics of an ancient, secret sect, through the tangled lies of men who claim to be her allies into the illusory world of the Fae themselves, where nothing is as it seems—and Mac is forced to face a soul-shattering truth.

Who do you trust when you can’t even trust yourself?

Don’t miss the entire MacKayla Lane series:

• Book 1: Darkfever
• Book 2: Bloodfever
• Book 3: Faefever
• Book 4: Dreamfever
• Book 5: Shadowfever
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

Atlanta suburb resident MacKayla Lane discovers her ability to see into the realm of the Fae after the devastating murder of her sister and attracts the unwanted attention of Seelie, vampire, and human assassins.

» see all 8 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
2 avail.
178 wanted
5 pay8 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (4.31)
0.5 3
1 3
1.5
2 15
2.5 4
3 68
3.5 20
4 214
4.5 40
5 328

Audible.com

2 editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

See editions

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,920,875 books! | Top bar: Always visible