Maggie Needs an Alibi by Kasey Michaels

Maggie Needs an Alibi

by Kasey Michaels

Fun read ( )
  Grandy | Nov 26, 2016 |
This was my first read of Kasey Michaels and it took a little bit to get use to her style. She has a very different way of writing but it was fun to read.

The story is very unusual and had a lot of things going on throughout the book. A little romance, mystery and murder. All the things I love in a book. This one is about an author, Maggie Kelly, who wrote several books,Saint Just Mystery Series. All of a sudden the characters came to life in her NYC apartment. So she has to get use to living with her own characters and then solve a mystery in real life as she does in her books.

All the characters were well written. You did have to be on your toes to keep up and it was a tiny bit slow in the beginning, Once you got into the book, you were right there trying to solve the murder along with Maggie and Saint Just. I received this book for an honest review and I’m glad I did. I look forward to reading more Maggie Kelly stories. ( )
  brenczkowski | Aug 28, 2016 |
I got this book from PaperbackSwap because I accidentally bought a later book in this series and it looked promising. I just couldn't get into it, the characters, however interesting they were, just didn't feel real to me so I couldn't fall into the story. I think this is a WONDERFUL idea but I just couldn't get into the story. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
I did not enjoy this book at all. It was the longest week trying to finish this novel. I thought the concept of two (2) characters in author Maggie Kelly's imagination and from her novels coming to life would be delightful, fun, and just plain funny. It was not! It was a tedious and daunting task to finish this book. I kept reading as it is extremely rare for me not to finish a novel. I can only remember two (2) titles in my lifetime that I haven't finished. I wanted to finish this novel as I had so enjoyed my introduction to Kasey Michaels in reading "Dial M for Mischief". But I definitely will not be pursuing more titles in the Maggie Kelly series and I'm afraid it will be awhile before I try a Kasey Michaels novel again. This 'aftertaste' is going to take a little time to disappear. ( )
  Corduroy7 | Nov 18, 2014 |
To sum Maggie Needs An Alibi up in one word, hilarious. This novel is truly brain-candy in the sense that it takes you on a murder mystery adventure with a Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock Holmes style detective, plopped into the modern world with lots of sleuthing, assumptions, and sarcasm.

The ne'er-do-well was an easy guess but that didn't matter since you read this novel more for amusement and adventure than the twist. I look forward to reading Maggie By The Book. ( )
  bleached | Sep 8, 2012 |
To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything. - Anatole France
One never knows, do one? - Thomas "Fats" Waller
For Megan and Joe.
Here's to a long, healthy,
and happy life together.
It all began innocently enough.

Mystery novelist Maggie Kelly, who must deal with the arrival of detective Viscount Saint and his inept sidekick--fictional characters who have suddenly become very real--finds her life thrown into turmoil when she is accused of murdering her ex-boyfriend.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,730,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible