Snow Angel by Mark Roeder
191809,998 (3.9)None
Angel rescued his boyfriend, Kurt, from a hellish existence, but at the cost of exiling himself from his hometown of Blackford, Indiana. Fifteen-years-old and on the run, Angel must make his way until he can someday be reunited with Kurt. Along the way he faces loneliness, hardships, and a brutal blizzard, but makes new friends and finds acceptance he didn't expect.Kurt's life is back to normal, but the love of his life is gone. Kurt is determined not to let Angel's sacrifice be in vain, but how can he wait three long years for the return of his boyfriend? What will happen when they are reunited at last? Can they be together or will Kurt and Angel have to run for their lives?Snow Angel is a tale of lovers parted, of survival, and a love that cannot be diminished by distance or time.… (more)

Given that this was the second book in the Gay Youth Chronicle series, it could be assumed that Roeder had decided to continue with a sequel to Part 1 - Outfield Menace, as Roeder needed to give a proper ending to Kurt and Angel's relationship.

There were several characters introduced in the book which I had wondered if they were necessary. And they seemed to be too good to be true - all were so willing to welcome a gay youth into their lives. It was painted a little too perfect.

Somehow, Roeder repeated often several lines - for example, Angel's reflection on how nice Jack and his wife were and how nice grandma and her granddaughter were. I did think that somehow grandma would pass away and the little girl would end up with Jack and his wife. However, that did not happen. So, I am still puzzled why they were introduced into the storyline.

Apparently the kids in the town did not learn much. After bullies were arrested for murder, this should have shocked some into hiding. This was not so. New bullies worked with old bullies. Funny. Still, as a fan of Roeder's work, I looked forward for more stories from him. ( )
  starlight70 | Feb 15, 2013 |
This book is dedicated to all my friends in Bloomington, Indiana and especially to Marc...
I sat in Ryan's garden staring down at Angel's letter.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,858,721 books! | Top bar: Always visible