Native American Stories (Myths and Legends)

Native American Stories (Myths and Legends)

196394,779 (3.33)None
A collection of Native American tales and myths focusing on the relationship between man and nature.
Member:mjlorig
Title:Native American Stories (Myths and Legends)
Authors:
Info:Publisher Unknown

Native American Stories (Myths and Legends) by Michael J. Caduto

Native American Stories is a collection of myths drawn from the native cultures of North America—from the Inuit in the north to the Zuni, Hopi and Cherokee in the south. A common thread throughout these stories is the native view of the world as family—Earth as our Mother, Sun as our Father and the animals as our brother and sisters. The stories foster an ethic of stewardship by clearly showing that we are entrusted with a very special misson—to maintain the natural balance, to take care of our Mother, to be Keepers of the Earth. Each story is beautifully illustrated by Mohawk artist John Kaionhes Fadden.
  wichitafriendsschool | Mar 25, 2016 |
soft cover; "from Keepers of the Earth"
  MVUCLSG | Jun 17, 2013 |
  BRCSBooks | Mar 10, 2012 |

Michael J. Cadutoprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bruchac, Josephmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fadden, John KahionesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Momaday, N. ScottForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Native American Stories is a collection of myths drawn from the native cultures of North America—from the Inuit in the north to the Zuni, Hopi, and Cherokee in the south. A common thread throughout these stories is the native view of the world as family—Earth as our Mother, Sun as our Father, and the animals as our brothers and sisters. The stories foster an ethic of stewardship by clearly showing that we are entrusted with a very special mission—to maintain the natural balance, to take care of our Mother, to be Keepers of the Earth.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,310,934 books! | Top bar: Always visible