One Last Dance by Eileen Goudge

One Last Dance (original 1999; edition 2000)

by Eileen Goudge (Author)

A trio of sisters in California launch an investigation into the murder of their loving father by their loving mother and discover ugly family secrets. They also find love with men they encounter on the way.
Member:JoannaHens
Title:One Last Dance
Authors:Eileen Goudge (Author)
Info:Signet (2000), 448 pages

Work Information

One Last Dance by Eileen Goudge (1999)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, is all I can say. ( )
  vgebhardt10 | Jan 23, 2016 |
one last dance by Eileen Goudge two sisters come together at the family home, just 5 days shy of their parents wedding anniversary
to bury one of them. the other is locked up in jail. they go through the process of the burial services and trying to help the one in jail.
it brings up secrets that each of them was holding for over 30 years, that just does not clear up what happened. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
The Seagraves are among the most enviable couples living in Miramonte, California. On the eve of their fortieth wedding anniversary, and just as much in love with each other today as they were on the day they married - until the night Lydia Seagrave picks up a gun and shoots her husband. Novelist Daphne - the couple's oldest daughter - returns home and is forced to contend not only with her father's murder but also with her undeniable feelings for the only man she has ever loved - the District Attorney who is prosecuting her mother.

The Seagraves' youngest daughter Alex's loyalty lies with her father, and she is determined to vindicate him no matter what the cost to her relationships with her sisters and her mother. Alex is convinced that her mother is a murderess, and that Lydia deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Kitty - the middle daughter - sets out to vindicate her mother and enters headlong into a passionate love affair with a younger man.

As the devastated sisters come together to unravel the truth about their family, they must also confront the lies and betrayals they have unwittingly taken part in. They must rebuild from their shattered illusions a life that is honest...even at the risk of being painful for them all.

I actually have two copies of Blessing in Disguise by Eileen Goudge on my bookshelf already, although One Last Dance is the first book that I've read by this author. I really enjoyed this book because I do enjoy reading books with family relationships - generally dysfunctional families - at the heart of the story. I give this book an A! and I am definitely looking forward to reading more books by Eileen Goudge in the future. ( )
  moonshineandrosefire | May 1, 2013 |
The grown Seagrave daughters are shocked when their mother murders their father. Their lives and loves are torn apart as they search for the truth about their seemingly perfect famly. ( )
  LesaHolstine | Jul 18, 2007 |
A fairly average book, nothing overly fantastic, did have a few page turning moments, but over all the book didn't keep me riveted. In the way of a sister book this novel really followed the norm. Not a huge recommendation, but if you were to pick it up I wouldn't encourage you to put it back down. ( )
  blueeyedgoover | Jan 11, 2007 |
We dance round in a ring and suppose, But the Secret sits in the middle and knows.
- Robert Frost
To my children, Michael and Mary, and for all those who know that to seek answers, you must first know which questions to ask.
The moment she walked in, Daphne knew she was doomed.

On the eve of their fortieth wedding anniversary, the Seagraves are among the most enviable couples of Miramonte, California, and still deeply in love - until the night Lydia Seagrave picks up a gun and shoots her husband. Novelist Daphne returns home and is forced to contend not only with her father’s murder but also with her undeniable feelings for the only man she has ever loved - the D.A. who is prosecuting her mother. Youngest daughter Alex is determined to clear her father’s name. Kitty sets out to vindicate her mother and enters headlong into a passionate love affair with a younger man. As the devastated sisters come together to unravel the family lies, they must each rebuild a life that is honest, even at the risk of being painful.

Eileen Goudge is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,380,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible