Crash Course by Henry Gilroy
751243,224 (4)1

Man, these quarterly digest comics tying into the new The Clone Wars TV show are just not rocking it for me the way the old Clone Wars Adventures ones did. I think four short stories work better than one long one does in this instance. Or maybe it's not so much the medium as the story being told with it-- Anakin going back to the podracing circuit now that he's a Jedi Knight has great dramatic potential, but instead we mostly get some "thrilling" romantic antics from Ahsoka. And podracing had pretty much been played out as a source of excitement within five minutes of its introduction in The Phantom Menace, so I'm not sure why we're going back to that well here. As always, the clean, kinetic, fun art of the Fillbach Brothers saves this thing, and they're the reason I keep coming back. I hope they get the opportunity to write one of these volumes; the stories that they wrote and illustrated were always my favorites of the CWA series.
  Stevil2001 | May 16, 2009 |

Henry Gilroyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fillbach, MattIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fillbach, ShawnIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

"The search for a separatist spy leads Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan, Ahsoka Tano, to the Mon Gazza system, where one of the biggest Podraces in the galaxy is about to begin. The Jedi must enter the races to uncover the secrets of a spy network that they believe is much larger than just a single agent and his contract. With Ahsoka as the racer, and Anakin, Artoo-Detoo, and the Clone Commander Rex as her pit crew, things seem to be well in hand for a successful mission-- but Ahsoka's never driven a Podracer before ..."--P. [4] of cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,067,025 books! | Top bar: Always visible