Sheer Gall (1996)

by Michael A. Kahn

Series: Rachel Gold (5)

The fourth novel to feature Rachel Gold finds the St. Louis, MO lawyer up to her neck in conspiracy and intrigue. Evidence found at the crime scene where one of her clients is killed points to the victim's husband as the murderer, but Rachel is unconvinced. Her subsequent investigation uncovers a variety of suspects fuming with motives, a business venture involving the pharmaceutical industry, and people who want her dead...… (more)

Another in the fine Rachel Gold series featuring the very fat and obscene but extremely bright and loyal Benny. Rachel is hired by Sally to handle her divorce, something Rachel has sworn not to do. But Sally displays the marks of having been beaten and turns up dead the next day. As her last attorney of record, Rachel is hired to handle the trust and reassign Sally’s clients

I love some of the word play. For example:
I gave him a cynical look. “Are you planning to impress her with the size of your epistemology?”
“Hey, woman, as Manny Kant once said, it’s not the length of your metaphysics, it’s the quality of your categorical imperatives.”
“I love when you philosophy guys talk dirty.”

I won’t say more but to note the title is a pun and gall stones play a role. 3.5 stars, but only because I don’t think it’s quite as good as the preceding titles. ( )
  ecw0647 | Jul 14, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,878,828 books! | Top bar: Always visible