Falling Home

by Karen White

"At twenty, Cassie Madison left her hometown of Walton, Georgia, without so much as a backward glance, but when a family crisis calls her home, she must part with the satisfaction of her Upper East Side life--and return to the tumult of the one she left...."--Cover p. [4]

I absolutely loved this book! Karen White's writing style really resonates with me. She made me care about all the characters even the ones that were not so nice. It is a story about family relationships. After a fifteen year absence, Cassie comes home to attend her father's funeral. She discovers that her father has left her his house. Cassie must come to terms with why she left in the first place and she must also decide where her heart truly lies. The root of Cassie's departure stems from her sister, Harriet's elopement with her husband, Joe. Fifteen years ago, Cassie felt she was in love with Joe and felt like she was betrayed by both her sister and Joe. The town doctor, Sam Parker is a constant, steadying influence on Cassie. Poor Cassie doesn't see what is in front of her face sometimes and that leads to some sad moments for her. In counseling her 14-year-old, niece, Maddie, who is very much like Cassie, her eyes and heart begin to open to all the possibilities open to her. I would highly recommend reading this book. ( )
  Martha662 | Jun 27, 2020 |
I could not get into this story. I did not like the main character she was so self focused, dismissive and mean. I did not care about what happened to her and did not even finish the story. ( )
  Thelmajean | Apr 1, 2018 |
As of this year, this is probably my favorite by far from all of Karen White's books. I laughed...a lot and I cried. I felt a little tug in my heart while reading this story and even when I finished. ( )
  Headinherbooks_27 | Apr 9, 2017 |
REALLY 2 1/2 STARS this was a revised book of one she wrote a long time ago and you can tell. it was like the basic formulaic romance novel so i was not really buying the romance. the rest of the story was more like a karen white novel of now with the relationship healing and the secrets of past and the small town. ( )
  kdf_333 | Jan 16, 2016 |
  kdf_333 | Jan 16, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,460,549 books! | Top bar: Always visible