HomeGroupsTalkExplore

History: The Definitive Visual Guide [HIST]

History: The Definitive Visual Guide [HIST]

The definitive, 4.4 million year-old story of human history From the origins of mankind to the 21st century, spanning the globe and based on the latest research, the complete story of the people, events, themes, ideas and forces that have shaped human existence. Find out about our history's turning points- eye witness accounts and biographies give a personal angle to major events. Explore humankind's legacy from architecture and artefacts to the big ideas that have changed our world. Examine the effect we've had on nature and vice versa. And discover how the past has been unlocked- from interpreting ancient documents to analysing ice cores. A compelling look at human existence- perfect for the family bookshelf.… (more)
Member:cstemen
Title:History: The Definitive Visual Guide [HIST]
Authors:
Info:DK ADULT, Edition: 1St Edition

Work Information

History: The Definitive Visual Guide From The Dawn of Civilization To The Present Day by Adam Hart-Davis (Editor)

Literally, human history... condensed. This gorgeous production by the Smithsonian Institution could be a college textbook if the history of civilization wasn't too broad a subject. Whatever moment of history might pique one's interest, the seeds of that topic are likely be found within these pages. I recommend casually flipping to any page in this volume because I can almost guarantee you'll discover something new once there. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Aug 10, 2018 |
See my review of World War II published by DK Publishing for comments about DK books. ( )
  usma83 | Feb 17, 2016 |

Hart-Davis, AdamEditorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Adams, SimonAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Broman, ElinorTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,893,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible