A Little Princess (Oxford Bookworms Library)

by Jennifer Bassett

208100130,119 (3.74)None
This Bookworms series offers younger readers the chance to enjoy lively adaptations of classic and modern fiction. Each title is highly illustrated to engage the reader in the world of the book and help with specific vocabulary. Accompanying exercises make all these titles suitable for use in class or at home. This is an audio cassette of the A Little Princess title from the Bookworms series (ISBN 0-19-422875-4).… (more)

English (99)  Japanese (1)  All languages (100)
Lovely book set in Victorian England. Eight-year-old Sara Crewe is sent to school while her father works abroad. Despite horrendous problems, Sara stays firm in her integrity and love. At times she's almost too good to be true, but the story is beautifully written with some weepy moments. Highly recommended. ( )
  SueinCyprus | Jan 26, 2016 |
This story is human interest. Sara's father is rich and he bought her lot of beautiful dresses. So,she looks like a little princess,not a schoolgirl. But,when her father dead,the situation surrounding her was changed complete.
I think that measure to determine whose character is not money. And the helper is a true friend to help when I am in pinch. Such a perspective,she was blessed. ( )
  sc430 | Jan 25, 2012 |
Sara was very rich girl.When she was seven,she moved to England.So she went to new school and made some friends.On her eleven birthday, something terrible happend.After that,her life changed.She came to be unhappy and lonely.

When I finished reading it,I felt very sad.Many people think "money is impotant".But this story tells
something else is more important. Her experience is very hard but finally she was happy.I alse felt haertful. ( )
  masu104 | Jan 24, 2012 |
this is Sara's story.She was very rich and kind girl.But one day she lost her father and money.She has to work hard!and...
I think i want to become a people like her. Because she is always kind.It is difficult to have a mind to treat everyone equal. ( )
  savaran | Jan 23, 2012 |
This book is very famous story.This story'a animation was made in Japan before.
This story is a little girl story.she is very cute,and she is loved by every one.Her father is very rich man,and he loves her too.but,suddenly,her father dies.
Acorrding to this happen,her life compeletry change...

This story is very simillar to "ndelela"
So,this boook tell us it is important that love and courage.
I like this story very much! ( )
  gacyayoshi | Jan 23, 2012 |

Bassett, JenniferAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Burnett, Frances Hodgsonsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

This is the Oxford Bookworms Library (Stage 1) adaptation of A Little Princess, retold by Jennifer Bassett. It should not be combined with the original work.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,793,476 books! | Top bar: Always visible