Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 6:…

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 6: Retreat (edition 2010)

by Andy Owens (Author)

Series: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 (Vol. 6: Issues 26-30), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (806)

5562034,025 (3.66)18
Buffy Season Eight Volume 6 showcases the first retreat of the Slayer legion. Vampires have solid footing at the top of the totem and Slayers have been crushed to the bottom -- in short, no one likes Buffy anymore ... least of all this season's mysterious Big Bad, Twilight, who is hot on her magical trail! Now that it's the world against Slayers, Buffy must find a way to return the status quo to ... status quo -- and keep her girls alive long enough to do it! Enter Oz, the only person/werewolf Buffy knows who is down with the suppression of magic, and can take the Slayer army off of Twilight's magic-specific radar. With Oz's assistance, the Slayers and Wiccans try to become 'normal' through meditation and hard labor -- although, not everyone sees the advantage of being magicless, namely, Willow, Giles, and Andrew. And they could be right. After all, is a peaceful life for a Slayer even possible?… (more)
Member:avdescameron
Title:Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 6: Retreat
Authors:Andy Owens (Author)
Info:Dark Horse Books (2010), Edition: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 168 pages

Work Information

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 6: Retreat by Jane Espenson

Getting better all the time. I wondered where the plot could go when the Slayers are all uber-powerful, but this reversal was just the ticket. I loved the premise in lieu of a normal bout of hiding, and the resultant clash of the titans made me laugh out loud and cry a little too. The tragedy was becoming so complete that it was only mollified by how speedy it happened.

I really have to know who's the mystery behind "Twilight", now. ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |
Years and years ago I bought these comics bound as books, read them all and gave them away. Now I am buying them again piecemeal for my Kindle/tablet and even thought I have to read them with a magnifying glass I am enjoying them but not reading in any kind of order. ( )
  Karen74Leigh | Sep 4, 2019 |
Read on December 29, 2016

Why would magical people who get all their strength from magic voluntarily give it up? Why would they want to make themselves weak? That seems so illogical.

And Riley? He must be a terrible spy because I'm not seeing how any of his info has helped Team Slayer.

And is that Dawn and Xander? What?

But Harmony on The Colbert Report -- hilarious! ( )
1 vote melissarochelle | Dec 30, 2016 |
*Book source ~ Library

Twilight and gang are tracking Buffy and gang by their use of magic. So, they decide they need to lose their magic in order to hide from Twilight.

I’m sorry, but that’s the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard. While I’m happy to see Oz in this one, I’m not happy that his way of dealing with his specific issue is the way the Scooby gang decides is the best way to deal with Twilight. Seriously? I hate the way this whole story arc is heading. No magic? How the hell do they expect to ever survive? This is the most dumbass course of action I’ve ever seen them try. I’m thoroughly disgusted. The last two graphic novels better be damn good to make up for this. Oh, and don’t get me started on the Xander/Dawn story that’s started here. At least the illustrations are pretty good.

Short shorts at the end
Harmony Comes to the Nation ~ Why does this bitch keep tormenting me? Make it stop. At least I like the illustrations.

Always Darkest ~ O.M.G. LOL This story earns 5 bites from me! I love it! Poor Buffy though. hehehe ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Jul 4, 2015 |
3,5 en fait! ( )
  Moncoinlecture | Apr 4, 2013 |

Espenson, Janeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jeanty, GeorgesIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Whedon, Jossmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Chen, JoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
“I liked the other way we did this better.”

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,271,291 books! | Top bar: Always visible