I Can See You (The Minneapolis Series Book…

I Can See You (The Minneapolis Series Book 1) (edition 2010)

by Karen Rose (Author)

Eve Wilson's face was once scarred by a vicious assault. Terrified and ashamed, she escaped to the online realm, where she could choose the face she allowed people to see. Years later, her outer scars faded and inner scars buried, Eve has fought her way back to the real world and is determined to help others do the same. Now a graduate student moonlighting as a bartender, Eve researches the addictive powers of online communities. When her test subjects begin turning up dead as a result of apparent suicides, she doesn't know where to turn.… (more)
Member:caroline_r
Title:I Can See You (The Minneapolis Series Book 1)
Authors:Karen Rose (Author)
Info:Headline (2015), 656 pages

Work Information

I Can See You by Karen Rose

English (22)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (24)
Only after cataloging this book on LT did I see that it is often tagged as a romance. That put it to the back of the TBR list, but I finally got to it and was relieved that the romance angle was low key and not overly sappy. As a romantic thriller it worked.

Since I read a lot of this kind of thing I figured out the bad guy ahead of the cops. It frustrated me that none of them followed the obvious and usual lines of investigation to find him. Instead they circled around the hard way and it was a little prolonged. There were some red herrings both planted by the author and the villain. Well, the primary villain anyway. There is another and that just seemed superfluous. The story would have worked just as well without that complication. I won’t actively seek out more of these books which seem to form a loosely connected series, but if I happen on one at another library book sale, I won’t avoid it either. ( )
  Bookmarque | May 31, 2019 |
A really good romantic suspense with a captivating complex plot including multiple bad guys and plenty of fast paced chilling action. I liked how the team worked together and following characters in the series. Eve discovers someone from her research project died and works with detective Noah to investigate the case.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
Rose is a master at her craft. She's writes an amazing balance of romance and suspense, effortlessly weaving the two together in a spellbinding way. I think as time goes only gets better. This book was definitely a masterpiece. From beginning to end I was completely drawn in.

Toward the end I thought she gave up the villain a bit too easily, but overall I was highly impressed with this entry. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
Liked this story. Liked even more that you don't have to read the "series" in order because while there is an evolving history, understanding each book isn't contingent on knowing the history. I did know the villain almost from the moment he was on the page. Although I second guessed myself for several chapters. ( )
  lesmel | May 18, 2013 |
This was an absolutely phenomenal book! Karen Rose is a spectacular writer, and I could not put this down. The plot is so complex and intriguing, and the characters are believable and likeable. My only recommendation with this gem of a book is to read her others in order as there is quite a backstory to the characters in this installment, and while her books are not a series, the same characters appear over and over again. Nevertheless, I look forward to starting at the beginning with her books. ( )
  tonile.helena | Mar 31, 2013 |

Karen Roseprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rodgers, Elisabeth S.Readersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Verbeek, HansTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ward, TaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

She was shy.

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446538345, 1600246451, 0446563153, 0446538353, 1607882140

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,489,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible