Cinnamon by Neil Gaiman

Cinnamon (original 2004; edition 2017)

by Neil Gaiman (Author), Divya Srinivasan (Illustrator)

Member:annayork
Title:Cinnamon
Authors:Neil Gaiman (Author)
Other authors:Divya Srinivasan (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2017), Edition: First Edition, 40 pages
Collections:Children´s Literature
Tags:traditional tales

Cinnamon by Neil Gaiman (2004)

This book was extremely confusing. The little girl was blind and could not talk. The tiger could talk. The girl left with the tiger instead of staying home with her parents. I am not sure what the message or theme was for this story. I am also unclear if this book was even about disabilities.

The illustrations were absolutely divine though. ( )
  mskathyphan | Nov 8, 2018 |
I liked the personification of the tiger in this book, and how he was tough with others but sweet with the princess. I might use it with children to talk about how important it is to be curious and seek out knowledge. Princess Cinnamon wanted to leave home and continue to see the world and learn new things, and I could talk to my students about being explorative. ( )
  DevDye | Oct 6, 2018 |
cinnamon is a princess who cannot speak. Her mother and father offer land and treasures to anyone who can get her to speak but all who come leave without succeeding. A tiger comes one day and teaches the girl to speak. When he does she decides that she must go with him. Her parents give the land and treasures to the people and Cinnamon and the tiger disappear into the jungle. ( )
  darianskie | Oct 3, 2018 |
3.5ish ( )
  ThatOneLibrarian | Aug 18, 2018 |
Cinnamon is a story of an Indian princess that does not talk no matter what her parents try. A man-eating tiger gets her to not only speak but so much more! I like the illustrations and bold colors and how it reads like a folktale. I think there are some dark parts to this book so I don’t think I would use it in kindergarten but I would use this will older students to look at story elements. ( )
  KBosnak | Aug 13, 2018 |

Gaiman, Neilprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Srinivasan, DivyaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cinnamon was a princess, a long time ago, in a small hot country, where everything was very old.

The parents of pearl-eyed princess Cinnamon offer a reward to anyone who can help their daughter speak, a plea answered by an exotic tiger who arrives at the palace, armed with knowledge of the world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,261,266 books! | Top bar: Always visible