The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood…

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood (Illustrated Classic Editions) (original 1883; edition 1994)

by Deborah Kestel (Adapter)

Recounts the legend of Robin Hood, who plundered the king's purse and poached his deer and whose generosity endeared him to the poor.
Member:danidd
Title:The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood (Illustrated Classic Editions)
Authors:Deborah Kestel (Adapter)
Info:Baronet Books (1994), 239 pages

Work Information

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood [adapted - Great Illustrated Classics] by Howard Pyle (1883)

Howard Pyle's Robin Hood stories are the best of them all, I think. It's a good kid's book. ( )
  CodyMaxwellBooks | Oct 30, 2021 |
, ( )
  earthwind | May 25, 2020 |
Takes from the rich and gives to the poor he is definitely a hero Robin Hood.A skilled archer and a great role model even in modern times.Let's hope the story of Robin Hood lives on. ( )
  Shazarah | Feb 6, 2016 |
While reading this I kept thinking what a shame it was that I hadn't read this as a child because it's just the kind of story I would have loved as a girl. Truthfully, as an adult I still love it. The prologue itself tells you that if you're a sourpuss and like to take things too seriously, you'd best stay away. I was always a tenant of "the Land of Fancy" as Pyle calls it, so I was very happy to spend time in between the covers of his book. I found myself laughing and smiling throughout all the many stories. I will say that I did not always understand the jokes Robin and his men made, the language is archaic and it was not always easy reading but it was always enjoyable. Robin Hood was my favourite Disney movie as a child and the Kostner version is still a guilty pleasure of mine, but little did I know how different the actuall adventures from the book were. The only time seriousness comes about is at the end, in the Epilogue, which I loved despite that I cried the whole time I read it. The only thing more I could wish for from this book was to actually hear all the many songs sung in it's pages.
  SophieCale | Apr 12, 2012 |

Pyle, Howardprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kestel, Deborahmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

The Great Illustrated Classics are abridged versions for young readers. Please do not combine with the major work. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Illustrated_Classics. Please do not confuse them with the Illustrated Classics graphic novel adaptations, which are quite different. Thank you.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,292,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible