Don Quijote (Norton Critical Editions) by…

Don Quijote (Norton Critical Editions) (edition 1999)

by Miguel De Cervantes (Author)

Presents Burton Raffel's translation of "Don Quijote," the story of an idealistic country gentleman who sets out like the knights of old to search for adventure and right wrongs, and includes additional writings that provide a modern account of the novel's influence, and a selection of fifteen critical assessments.… (more)
Member:mcoverdale
Title:Don Quijote (Norton Critical Editions)
Authors:Miguel De Cervantes (Author)
Info:W. W. Norton & Company (1999), Edition: First Edition, 880 pages

Work Information

Don Quixote [Norton Critical Edition] by Miguel de Cervantes

English (4)  Spanish (1)  All languages (5)
What can I say about the story of the man who tilted at windmills? I enjoyed this one lots, which reminded me in turn of (a friendly mockery of) [The Decameron], [[Malory]], [Orlando Furioso] and the like. A hoot if you like this sort of thing. ( )
  scaifea | Jan 16, 2017 |
Abandoned on page 34 unfortunately and returned to the library. I vow to come back to it one day as I think it's a worthwhile read. ( )
  RubyA | Mar 30, 2013 |
The introduction is fascinating. Interesting to read this and contrast with the musical Man of La Mancha. ( )
  JBMonument | Mar 21, 2008 |
This took me quite a while to get through, and after reading the literary criticism at the back of the Norton Critical Edition I still feel like I read it very shallowly. I liked the translation. I got the feeling that a lot of the wordplay and jokes were rendered into English well. Much of the material struck chords with me. The image of a man out of his time, doing things in a certain way because that's how he's read that they're done resonates particularly well. ( )
  aneel | May 10, 2007 |

Miguel de Cervantesprimary authorall editionscalculated
Putnam, SamuelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Do Not Combine: This is a "Norton Critical Edition", it is a unique work with significant added material, including essays and background materials. Do not combine with other editions of the work. Please maintain the phrase "Norton Critical Edition" in the Canonical Title and Publisher Series fields.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,749,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible