Homicide in Hardcover: A Bibliophile Mystery…

Homicide in Hardcover: A Bibliophile Mystery (edition 2009)

by Kate Carlisle

"Brooklyn Wainwright is a skilled surgeon. Sure, her patients might smell like mold and have spines made of leather, but no ailing book is going to die on her watch. The same can't be said of Abraham Karastovsky, Brooklyn's friend and former employer. On the eve of the celebration for his latest book restoration, Brooklyn finds her mentor lying a pool of his own blood. With his final breath, Abraham leaves Brooklyn a cryptic message, 'Remember the devil,' and smiles as she takes possession of his priceless, and supposedly cursed, copy of Goethe's Faust .... "--p. [4] of cover.… (more)
Member:Michele5
Title:Homicide in Hardcover: A Bibliophile Mystery
Authors:Kate Carlisle
Info:Signet (2009), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Tags:AUTHOR - Kate Carlisle, COSY, BOOK TITLES, MYSTERY, READ

Homicide in Hardcover by Kate Carlisle

English (53)  French (1)  All languages (54)
Light, humorous, non-stressful. Been a good read for a work lunch. I had read number 7, so I decided to read the first one in the series. I might wish for a little more seriousness and a little more believability, but I don't think that's what the author was going for in this series of book related mysteries. I might end up reading some of the others and I'm pretty sure I'm going to know just what to expect. ( )
  Chica3000 | Dec 11, 2020 |
There is lots of information on book restoration and how it's done andld of rare books, which I enjoyed a great deal—nice storyline, plenty of intrigues, and greaandaracter development. I love a good cozy mystery, and this one qualifies; it's not the best I've read, but it's well above average. The characters were either made you love them or love to hate them. I enjoyed the heroine adventure both in and outside of the world of bookbinding. The story moved quickly, and the secondary characters were quirky enough to make her the sane, rational one. ( )
  AvigailRGRIL | Nov 12, 2020 |
First in the series. I have her first 4 books in this series and am only getting around to reading in them now - duh. They are super fun!! I love her sense of humour and love the kick ass character Brooklyn. Also very interesting information about bookbinding that i am now fascinated with. And her mother's is also an interesting character as is the commune life. Lots of catching up to do as there are 14 including the scheduled 2020 release. Lots of fun! ( )
  clamato | May 25, 2020 |
Did not finish.

Felt clunky and stilted. ( )
  Jennie_103 | May 18, 2020 |
I like the Bibliophile aspect of this story. I'm not excited by the protagonist. ( )
  bcrowl399 | Apr 22, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Belongs to Publisher Series

Books have the same enemies as people: fire, humidity, animals, weather, and their own content. -- Paul Valery.
To Don, who always believed this day would come.
My teacher always told me that in order to save a patient you'd have to kill him first.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,875,996 books! | Top bar: Always visible