dismiss

Strange angels by Lili St. Crow

Strange angels (edition 2009)

by Lili St. Crow

Series: Strange Angels (1)

Sixteen-year-old Dru's psychic abilities helped her father battle zombies and other creatures of the "Real World," but now she must rely on herself, a "werwulf"-bitten friend, and a half-human vampire hunter to learn who murdered her parents, and why.
Member:Letora
Title:Strange angels
Authors:Lili St. Crow
Info:New York : Razorbill, c2009.
Collections:Fantasy, Science Fiction, Horror, Light Novel, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, Your library, Favorites

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

Forsaken by Jana Oliver (SunnySD)
    SunnySD: Atlanta vs. the Dakotas, but these two orphans are both dealing with deadlies, dead fathers, and more supernatural trouble than you can shake a stick at.

English (80)  German (1)  All languages (81)
It was absolutely fantastic! Dru is a great character - very strong willed and stuborn. ( )
  angelgay | Jul 1, 2020 |
Strange Angels
(Strange Angels #1)
by Lili St. Crow
Wow! This book has a chokehold on me and would not let me beathe! Fast paced, insanely good world building, believable characters, dialogue between characters often sprinkled with humor and tears, heart pounding suspense, situations no sane person should ever have to be in, and I loved all anxiety induced moments!
Our gal and her dad are hunters, but they don't hunt what the Real world knows about. They hunt the nightmares. But dad doesn't come home. This is our gal's story that takes us into their world, buckle up! It is full of things unseen, things with teeth, and things that hunt back! This book is going in my favorite folder. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Jul 18, 2019 |
Lili St. Crow did a wonderful job with her premiere book in the Strange Angels series.

This book will play with your emotions and feelings. From excitement to apprehension. From happiness to sadness. From empathy to sympathy. This book will make you feel everything.

Dru is a badass young woman who all of a sudden is thrown into life way over her head. Graves is a nerd who makes a new friend and encounters a world he never knew existed. They rely on each other and care about each other. The most chance meetings can sometimes prove to be the most fruitful, as is the case of Dru and Graves.

This is very much a paranormal book, but without romance...yay! Paranormal books are my current favorite but I don't want to read a love story. I want to read adventure, mystery, anything that can keep me on my toes and not wanting to put the book down!

Strange Angels is very well-written, engaging, and hard t ( )
  Michelle_Boyea | Jun 7, 2019 |
Bruno investigates a suspected truffle fraud in a neighbouring village and finds himself dragged into a gang war between Chinese and Vietnamese. In addition a local Green restaurant owner threatens Bruno's comfortable relationship with his Mayor but standing as mayor and catching the eye of Bruno's sometime girlfriend Pamela. As always the plot is steeped in the intracacies of rural French politics and life, whilst recognising the echos from France's colonial past in Vietnam and Algeria. Highly recommended. ( )
  edwardsgt | Apr 19, 2019 |
Okay, I don't really remember the points of what happened in this book, but I just realized it wasn't on my READ shelf and it should be.
But I can guarantee I liked this book. Loved it.
Dru and Graves are awesome. Chris is cool, but I like Graves better. ( )
  Monica_P | Nov 22, 2018 |
St. Crow does a terrific job with the material. Dru's a likable, believable teenager: capable but not perfect; a bit sulky, but so would any kid be if they were thrust into her life. The plot's fast-paced and inventive. And there are all sorts of nice touches, like the boy Graves who squats in a shopping mall, or the way Dru finally deals with a bullying teacher.

For Gates, who caught the line when I threw it.
"Miss Anderson?" Mrs. Bletchley's voice droned through my name.

Dru Anderson has been “strange” for as long as she can remember. She travels from town to town with her father, hunting the things that go bump in the night and eat the unwary. It’s a weird life, but a good one–until it all explodes and a zombie busts into her new house.

Alone, terrified, and trapped in an icy town, Dru’s going to need every inch of her wit and training to stay alive. Can she trust the boy who is just a little too adult–and just happens to get bit by a werwulf? Or the strange blue-eyed boy who tells her she’s heir to a long-forgotten power? Can she even trust her own instincts?

Because Dru is not the first in her family to be killed by the darkness of the Real World. The monsters have decided to hunt back–and now Dru has to figure out who to trust, who to fight, and when to run. And not incidentally, she has to figure out how she’s going to get out of this alive.

And she has to do it in the next 24 hours, or it’s all over…

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,600,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible