Druid Mysteries: Ancient Wisdom for the 21st…

Druid Mysteries: Ancient Wisdom for the 21st Century (2002)

by Philip Carr-Gomm

Very solid intro for me. Quite dry at parts, but interesting nonetheless. Definitely makes me want to read more on this topic. ( )
  jwryn | Feb 27, 2017 |
Quite possibly, this is one of the most profound introductions to a belief system that I have ever read. Granted, I may have some bias in that statement, given that I am currently taking the Bardic Grade training within OBOD. However, removing that particular aspect, I found many of the insights shown throughout the book to be quite comfortable assessments of particular questions and issues I have contemplated and turned over and over in my own spiritual life of years past. If you are looking for information on classical Druidry, you're not going to find much within this book. However, if you're looking for a potential template that you can use and mold to your own life -- this may be the best introduction that you could possibly find. For me, it was an eye-opening read with many 'aha!' moments throughout. At 174 pages, its not exactly a large book - adding to that I'm not a completely fast reader either - but I find myself having to set this book down from chapter to chapter to think about what I had just finished reading. At the end of each chapter is an exercise for an individual to use towards meditative processes correlating to the chapter's materials. I highly recommend that the reader not skip those exercises, and try them. For me, it made the experience of reading this book into something that had a simplistic beauty of walking through a forest with no clear path...serene, quiet, and perfectly balanced between the here and then. Extremely highly recommended on my part! ( )
  TommyElf | Mar 14, 2015 |

In this beautifully-written guide, Chief Druid Philip Carr-Gomm shows how the way of Druids can be followed today. He explains the ancient history and inspiring beliefs of the ancient Druids; Druidic wild wisdom and their tree-, animal-, and herb-lore; the mysteries of the Druids' seasonal celebrations; their use of magic; and how their spirituality relates to paths such as Wicca. This guide shows how the wild wisdom of the Druids can help us to connect with our spirituality, our innate creativity, the natural world, and our sense of ancestry.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:10 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,065,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible