Date Me, Baby, One More Time by Stephanie…

Date Me, Baby, One More Time

by Stephanie Rowe

309None35,986 (3.38)12
Recently added bysunysurfr, ChristinaRegina, sachaurora, private library, naners, Eyre32, bearguroo, casbahj, chicreader

I found this to be an easy read, i enjoyed it but didn't fall in love with it by any means.

Lily is bored with her life.. she's pushed by her parents harder than she wants and is given little to no choice in her life. Lily is a talented panioist but has completely lost any fire or passion when she plays, it's just become a the same ole same ole... then she meets Rafe. Lily finds herself instantly drawn to Rafe.. problem is Rafe already has a girlfriend... so it wouldn't hurt to lie to him and just tell him she has one too.. that way things won't be awkward now that she's bring forced to play in his band. Unfortunately Lily might just be the worst liar and now Rafe and her new bandmates think she's dating Les, while her friends and Les think she's dating Rafe... things just unravel from there.

I did love Rafe, I felt he was the perfect teenage bad boy but yet simply sweet and charming. Lily was alright.. at times she annoyed me terribly. I wish we could have gotten to know Chris better.. he was so adorable. ( )
  saders18 | Nov 1, 2012 |
This book was pretty good. It was a quick read and fairly entertaining. I actually found my self enjoying it and thought the lead character Lily was cute, sarcastic, and funny. Not to mention the hott drummer named Rafe. All in all it was entertaining and it was an ok book. ( )
  Kayla.Morgan | Jul 22, 2012 |
This was a funny book. By that I mean both funny, ha ha, and funny, strange. I'll try and summarize the plot but I'm afraid it might be too bizarre to explain.

Justine Bennett is an immortal and guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth which just happens to have morphed into an espresso machine named Desdemona (Mona for short). Oh, and she's forbidden to have sex because it might interfere with her job of guarding Mona. Justine and her roommate, Theresa Nichols, have been watching over Mona for the last 200 years. Oh, yeah, BTW, Theresa is now an 11-foot tall fire-breathing dragon who spends most of her day having cyber sex. Needless to say they don't get out much.

Derek LaValle and the men of his family are cursed. For the past four generations all the men of his family have died at the same age, 31 years, 46 weeks, 4 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes, and 5 seconds. How's that for a curse? Where Rowe came up with that exact age, I don't know, but it made me laugh. And the weird causes of death (hamsters, lemonade ?) for the men was hilarious. Derek is determined to break the curse and the only way he feels he can do that is to kill the Guardian and steal the Goblet. Justine must protect the Goblet by killing Derek or else face being sent the Chamber of Unspeakable Horrors. Satan and Justine's mother have a secondary romance (if you can call it that). He lusts after her and she wants nothing to do with him. Some of their dialogue is pretty funny.

Eventually Derek and Justine team up to solve the curse and they fall for each other. The plot was rather convoluted at times and while there were some laugh out loud moments some of it was a bit silly to me. This quirky paranormal has no werewolves, no vampires, no fairies, trolls or goblins. Just a fire-breathing dragon. But it was worth picking up for the comedy alone. (Grade: B) ( )
  reneebooks | Sep 6, 2009 |
First off, I have to admit that I read the second novel, Must Love Dragons, in Stephanie Rowe’s Immortal series first. For some reason, the library couldn’t find Date Me, Baby, One More Time, but I finally got my hands on it and I have to say, it was okay. We’re introduced to Justine Bennett, the Guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth, and Derek LaValle, who is cursed to die on his 32nd birthday. His only solution…kill the guardian and the curse will be lifted.

The premise is kind of interesting, but I really wasn’t thrown into the novel all that much. The characters were not really developed; we were just thrown into their lives with a little background information, but were given nothing of their personalities. Over the course of the novel, we do find out more about them, and I guess that’s a good thing, but it never really made me care for any of them. Well, I shouldn’t say all of them. My favorite part of the novel was whenever Theresa Nichols was on the page. She’s Justine’s best friend, who also happens to be a dragon and the star of Rowe’s second novel.

Overall, the novel was okay and if I hadn’t read Must Love Dragons first, I probably would have been hesitate to pick it up. Rowe definitely was better in her second attempt, but honestly, her first attempt wasn’t bad either. Just not as good as the second one. However, I just found out that the third novel, He Loves Me, He Loves Me Hot, focuses on Becca, Satan’s top Rivka. She’s amusing in the first two novels, so I’ll probably check out her story as well.

http://www.literaryescapism.com/2008/05/11/161/ ( )
  jaxon | Nov 25, 2008 |
At first glance, this is the type of book that I should have a very good time reading, since it holds so many of the elements I enjoy. There are lots of fun paranormal elements, a kick-butt heroine, and it's a funny and romantic story. The problem for me was that the paranormal elements, while original, didn't ever really gel into a believable premise. The kick-butt heroine was kind of whiny and mopey, and the story never seemed all that funny or romantic. It wasn't a bad book, but the fast and furious page-turning I was expecting never seemed to happen. Oh, well. ( )
  librarymeg | Oct 25, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446617660, Mass Market Paperback)

This delightful and witty paranormal romance debut features pretzel-eating dragons, cursed mathematicians, and a guardian of the Fountain of Youth in desperate need of a date. Original.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:55:16 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,404,782 books! | Top bar: Always visible