Date Me, Baby, One More Time by Stephanie…

Date Me Baby One More Time, is a paranormal comedy through and through. So if you’re expecting Justine and Derek to have some really touching emotional moments then you’ll be seriously disappointed. Instead, they’re both usually halfheartedly trying to kill each other or trying to figure out a way around trying to kill each other. Honestly, I wasn’t too into Justine and Derek’s relationship. Sure it was cute the way they each really liked that the other was honest about plotting to kill them, but I was more interested in the side characters here.

Like Satan and Justine’s mom’s relationship. Those two really amused me for some reason. Probably because Satan was just so… out there. He wasn’t made to be the brightest crayon in the box and almost everything he said was pretty over done. In fact, he sounded like a parody of a horny French lover trying to get laid. And for some reason I loved it.

Theresa was another side character that I loved. She was turned into a dragon after drinking from Mona and has been trying to find a way to reverse the change for quite a while now. With the invention of the computer Theresa’s become an internet junkie. She pretty much spends her days having cyber sex and looking for information on how to change her back into a human. One of her favorite cyber sex men also has a lot of knowledge about dragons and has been trying to help Theresa find info about them. Her book is the next in the series.

Anyway, this is a really fast paced story that jumps from one problem to the next pretty quickly. But all the side plots that are going didn't bother me, because Rowe's humor kept things rolling along pretty smoothly. I’ll probably be rereading this book sometime in the future and I’ll definitely be continuing on with the series. I think fans of MaryJanice Davidson’s writing will enjoy this book. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
This is the start of a hilarious series. Sweet, sexy, and funny, with a dash of completely ridiculous, this book is great for the fantasy romance lover. ( )
  sfturner | May 12, 2014 |
I found this to be an easy read, i enjoyed it but didn't fall in love with it by any means.

Lily is bored with her life.. she's pushed by her parents harder than she wants and is given little to no choice in her life. Lily is a talented panioist but has completely lost any fire or passion when she plays, it's just become a the same ole same ole... then she meets Rafe. Lily finds herself instantly drawn to Rafe.. problem is Rafe already has a girlfriend... so it wouldn't hurt to lie to him and just tell him she has one too.. that way things won't be awkward now that she's bring forced to play in his band. Unfortunately Lily might just be the worst liar and now Rafe and her new bandmates think she's dating Les, while her friends and Les think she's dating Rafe... things just unravel from there.

I did love Rafe, I felt he was the perfect teenage bad boy but yet simply sweet and charming. Lily was alright.. at times she annoyed me terribly. I wish we could have gotten to know Chris better.. he was so adorable. ( )
  saders18 | Nov 1, 2012 |
This book was pretty good. It was a quick read and fairly entertaining. I actually found my self enjoying it and thought the lead character Lily was cute, sarcastic, and funny. Not to mention the hott drummer named Rafe. All in all it was entertaining and it was an ok book. ( )
  Kayla.Morgan | Jul 22, 2012 |
This was a funny book. By that I mean both funny, ha ha, and funny, strange. I'll try and summarize the plot but I'm afraid it might be too bizarre to explain.

Justine Bennett is an immortal and guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth which just happens to have morphed into an espresso machine named Desdemona (Mona for short). Oh, and she's forbidden to have sex because it might interfere with her job of guarding Mona. Justine and her roommate, Theresa Nichols, have been watching over Mona for the last 200 years. Oh, yeah, BTW, Theresa is now an 11-foot tall fire-breathing dragon who spends most of her day having cyber sex. Needless to say they don't get out much.

Derek LaValle and the men of his family are cursed. For the past four generations all the men of his family have died at the same age, 31 years, 46 weeks, 4 days, 6 hours, 3 minutes, and 5 seconds. How's that for a curse? Where Rowe came up with that exact age, I don't know, but it made me laugh. And the weird causes of death (hamsters, lemonade ?) for the men was hilarious. Derek is determined to break the curse and the only way he feels he can do that is to kill the Guardian and steal the Goblet. Justine must protect the Goblet by killing Derek or else face being sent the Chamber of Unspeakable Horrors. Satan and Justine's mother have a secondary romance (if you can call it that). He lusts after her and she wants nothing to do with him. Some of their dialogue is pretty funny.

Eventually Derek and Justine team up to solve the curse and they fall for each other. The plot was rather convoluted at times and while there were some laugh out loud moments some of it was a bit silly to me. This quirky paranormal has no werewolves, no vampires, no fairies, trolls or goblins. Just a fire-breathing dragon. But it was worth picking up for the comedy alone. (Grade: B) ( )
  reneebooks | Sep 6, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446617660, Mass Market Paperback)

This delightful and witty paranormal romance debut features pretzel-eating dragons, cursed mathematicians, and a guardian of the Fountain of Youth in desperate need of a date. Original.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:55:16 -0400)

Justine Bennett is cursing her life. She's the Guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth, she hasn't left the house in ages, and it's been over 200 years since she's had sex. Oh, and the Goblet has shape-shifted into an espresso machine named Mona. Not exactly the stuff grand destiny is made of ... Derek LaValle is worried. Due to a family curse, he'll be dead in the space of a week unless he finds the Guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth and beheads her. Which wouldn't be a problem if she weren't so sexy, smart ... and ready to behead him right back ...… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,290,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible