The English Game (Oberon Modern Plays)

by Richard Bean

512,429,031 (4)None
I've wasted the whole of my life playing this game. It's claimed my knees and it occupies every spare synapse in my brain. I'm not even sure I like it anymore... The Nightwatchmen: an amateur London cricket team, making up for in enthusiasm what they lack in ability. As they gather on a sunny Sunday to face Bernard and his ethnically diverse and highly talented squad, Will, Thiz, Clive and their team-mates spend the day smoking, drinking tea and discussing love, politics and the correct interpretation of the LBW law... Richard Bean's comedy toured with Headlong Theatre throughout May 2008.… (more)
Recently added byTimForrest65, jon1lambert

Loads of authors have tried to fictionalize or dramatise cricket. This is one of the best attempts. It sums up the make up of most cricket teams, diverse people from different backgrounds brought together to play together a few times a year in a game they are not very good at and all playing their own role in a play of their own. Superb. ( )
  jon1lambert | Jan 31, 2009 |

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,152,802 books! | Top bar: Always visible