Twenties Girl: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella

Twenties Girl: A Novel (edition 2009)

by Sophie Kinsella (Author)

Member:Spurts
Title:Twenties Girl: A Novel
Authors:Sophie Kinsella (Author)
Info:The Dial Press (2009), Edition: 1st, 514 pages
Collections:Library Wishlist, Your library, To read

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

English (112)  Dutch (2)  Italian (2)  All languages (116)
Reread. On the one hand, this is one of my fav Sophie Kinsella books. The humour is even more to the forefront here, though there is of course room for sweet romance too. And on the other hand, the audio is read by Roaslyn Landor who is my FAVOURITE narrator ever. So the combo makes this a great pick in every respect. I'll probably reread this annually. ( )
  annhepburn | Mar 4, 2018 |
My favorite Kinsella book--even better than the Shopaholic series. I giggled throughout this book and got pretty teary at the end. Very good summer (or anytime read). ( )
  songbird72 | Feb 25, 2018 |
I found this not to be quite as funny as the other Kinsella books I've read. That doe not mean it was not good. It is a wonderful story about family with fun characters and a spin on learning how important family history can be. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 16, 2018 |
I loved this book! I can't remember the last time a book had me in stitches as much as this book did. I don't usually read contemporaries, but I'm thinking I should reconsider after reading this one. Plus the ending was so good it brought tears to me eyes. This one is definitely a hidden gem! ( )
  Bridgetv | Nov 1, 2017 |
I quite liked this one actually. I wasn't expecting to because of all the negativity I've seen swirling around it, but I found it enjoyable. I LOVED the twist at the end with the painting, as I was not expecting a huge plot point like that to arise so late in the book. And I'm thoroughly pleased everything was going on a good path for Lara at the end, things seemed to be going downwards fast, I'm glad she got her life in order to what she wanted. ( )
  erinla | Oct 31, 2017 |
[T]he newest addition to Sophie Kinsella's growing library of comedies about plucky women unafraid to dust themselves off from the last caper before heading off to the next.

De Londense twintiger Lara Lington (ik-personage) gaat met tegenzin naar de crematie van haar oudtante Sadie, die 105 jaar oud is geworden. Vlak na de dienst wordt Lara opgeschrikt door de overledene, die in de vorm van een geest heeft besloten nog niet klaar te zijn voor het hiernamaals. Lara krijgt de opdracht om voor Sadie een ketting te vinden, die een belangrijke betekenis voor haar heeft. De zoektocht verloopt alles behalve voorspoedig, maar Lara leert haar oudtante wel behoorlijk goed kennen. Tevens maakt ze handig gebruik van de situatie door de excentrieke Sadie onder andere haar ex-vriendje te laten bespioneren. Vrolijke, ongecompliceerde roman van de populaire auteur, die met grote vaart is geschreven. De humor is, dankzij de vele blunders van het hoofdpersonage, volop aanwezig in dit – voor chicklit-begrippen – originele verhaal. Wie bekend is met de stijl van de schrijfster, zal niet verrast zijn, maar deze roman zal zeker in de smaak vallen bij een brede, vrouwelijke doelgroep.
added by Liyanna | editBiblion, Daniela Koeleman

Sophie Kinsellaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Herronen, AilaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Susan Kamil, who inspired me years ago with the remark: 'You should write a ghost story one day.'
The thing about lying to your parents is, you have to do it to protect them.

Lara Lington has always had an overactive imagination, but suddenly that imagination seems to be in overdrive. Normal professional twenty-something young women don’t get visited by ghosts. Or do they?

When the spirit of Lara’s great-aunt Sadie–a feisty, demanding girl with firm ideas about fashion, love, and the right way to dance–mysteriously appears, she has one last request: Lara must find a missing necklace that had been in Sadie’s possession for more than seventy-five years, and Sadie cannot rest without it. Lara, on the other hand, has a number of ongoing distractions. Her best friend and business partner has run off to Goa, her start-up company is floundering, and she’s just been dumped by the “perfect” man.

Sadie, however, could care less.

Lara and Sadie make a hilarious sparring duo, and at first it seems as though they have nothing in common. But as the mission to find Sadie’s necklace leads to intrigue and a new romance for Lara, these very different “twenties” girls learn some surprising truths from each other along the way. Written with all the irrepressible charm and humor that have made Sophie Kinsella’s books beloved by millions, Twenties Girl is also a deeply moving testament to the transcendent bonds of friendship and family.

When the spirit of Lara's great-aunt Sadie-a feisty, demanding girl with firm ideas about fashion, love, and the right way to dance-mysteriously appears, she has one last request: Lara must find a missing necklace that had been in Sadie's possession for more than seventy-five years, and Sadie cannot rest without it. Never mind that Lara has her own problems--which Sadie could care less about. Will this sparring duo ever find what they're after?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,034,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible