Four Blind Mice (Alex Cross) by James…

Four Blind Mice (Alex Cross) (original 2002; edition 2003)

by James Patterson

Alex Cross returns in the most harrowing case of his career -- one that risks the life of his closest friend and partner, John Sampson. Alex Cross is on his way to resign from the Washington Police Force when John, knocks on the door, desperate. Sampson's best friend has been framed for murders he didn't commit. Cross is their only hope. But there's a problem --his friend is subject to the code, conduct, and law of an insular world that plays by its own rules: the United States Army. Trapped in a world of lies, murder, sex, and corruption thick enough to reverse their very notions of guilt and innocence, Cross and Sampson end up in a deadly showdown against enemies more formidable than they've ever faced. And only one man will walk away.… (more)
Member:mikem0126
Title:Four Blind Mice (Alex Cross)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:HAVE TO READ

Four Blind Mice by James Patterson (2002)

I previously read this 6 years ago and am now reading the series from the beginning as I'd only read a handful of the books out of order previously.

I can say with the context of the earlier books the story does have a bit more depth too it, and certainly more than some of the other Patterson books I've read. I did find the idea of revenge crimes being committed in the present day based on circumstances that occurred during the Vietnam War a particularly intriguing idea and the way it was presented was novel interesting and had you guessing as to whom was behind the crimes and why.

I also noted that in this book the age of Alex Cross's 'old black porsche' is revealed to be 14 years, which means when it was first referred to as his 'old black porsche' it was a mere 8 years of age if I have the series chronology correct in my memory. An 8 year old car isn't quite what I'd refer to as old, not even a 14 year old car, rather I personally would refer to it as a porsche. An old porsche to me brings mental images of a 1950s, 1960s, even 1970s car.

Overall, another good installment and we see Cross's career development now progress further. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Jul 25, 2019 |
A really good mystery/thriller. The murderers are definitely insane and revel in the killing. They seem unstoppable and Cross and Sampson have their work cut out for them. There were many tense moments for me. As this is the 8th book in the series, there is also progression in Alex's relationship with his new girlfriend, and Sampson also finding a love interest. Sampson's relationship felt a bit cliche, but I still thought this was a good continuation of the series. ( )
  readingover50 | Jun 11, 2019 |
This entry in the Alex Cross series featured a military conspiracy dating back to Vietnam and some pretty great side steps. Recommended . ( )
  BingeReader87 | Nov 22, 2017 |
Not as good as the other Alex Cross books, however better than the previous one. It held my interest and was a great quick read. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Oct 31, 2016 |
Another winner in the Alex Cross series. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Neehus, RieTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Did you ever see
such a sight in your life...
Here's to Manhattan College on her Sesquicentennial Anniversary. Go Jaspers!
This one is also for Mary Jordan, who holds everything together, and I mean everything.
Marc Sherman, the district attorney for Cumberland County, North Carolina, pushed the old wood captain's chair away from the prosecution table.

On the verge of resigning from the D.C. police force, Detective Alex Cross knows he can't refuse this case. His partner John Sampson has a friend who has been framed for murder and is facing the gas chamber. His accusers? The United States Army. As a new woman in Cross's life brings him hope in the face of a devastating loss at home, Cross and Sampson go up against codes of honor and silence and three ruthless killers. But a bigger threat lies in wait: their controller, a lethal genius who will introduce Cross to new depths of terror...the last of the FOUR BLIND MICE.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,362,793 books! | Top bar: Always visible