1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, 1) by James…

1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, 1) (original 2001; edition 2005)

by James Patterson (Author)

Imagine a killer who thinks, "What is the worst thing anyone has ever done?" -- and then goes far beyond it! Four women who come to call themselves the Women's Murder Club -- a police detective, an assistant D.A., a reporter, and a medical examiner -- have the mettle to follow the leads to an impossibly heart-stopping conclusion, tracking and confronting the most terrifying serial killer ever imagined.… (more)
Member:iamcrumpet
Title:1st to Die (Women's Murder Club, 1)
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2005), Edition: 1-4, 432 pages

Work Information

1st to Die by James Patterson (2001)

English (164)  Spanish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (170)
1st to die by James Patterson
Lindsay Boxer is a tough, but sympathetic homicide detective who along with three friends are trying to solve horrific murders. Someone is killing brides and grooms on their honeymoons, and Lindsay and her friends form the Women's Murder Club. They are trying to stop this killer before he strikes again. ( )
  kingmob2 | May 24, 2022 |
1st to die by James Patterson
  Rennie8888 | May 23, 2022 |
really enjoyed this book. I love having a book with strong female characters. There were definitely some twists that were unexpected. I read the book in one day, a real page turner. ( )
  KyleneJones | Apr 25, 2022 |
The main character - a female detective struggling with emotional and serious health problems - hunts a serial killer focussing on couples on their wedding day.

This book was a fast and entertaining read. I liked the style element of writing chapters from the pov of the killer, without giving too many clues. The ending was ok, although I would have preferred a little less surprise twisting of the plot.
The characters are not very well developed and their behaviour and interaction is a little implausible from time to time. I disliked the way the author divided the book in too many short chapters.

I added the second part of the series to my too read shelf - sometimes I like fast and entertaining crime stories in between other books and I read somewhere that the series is getting better because of a co-author ( )
  Ellemir | Nov 9, 2021 |
This book was a giant cliche. I knew almost immediately that this was about framing the actual murderer. The only thing surprising was the epiloge, which made no real sense. Like seriously, he had no reason to go to her apartment and try to kill her. None. I read this book to get a feel for James Patterson and as popular an author he is, I had much higher expectations for his writing abilities. ( )
  Jinxii | Aug 10, 2021 |
It is an unusually warm night in July. but I'm shivering badly as I stand on the substantial gray stone terrace outside my apartment.
Please do not combine the abridged audiobook ISBNs 1594830916 and 1586210572 with this full-length novel since they are not the same work. Thanks.

You're about to begin James Patterson's most exciting thriller yet. In San Francisco newlyweds are being stalked--and slaughtered. Enter four unforgettable women, all friends...Lindsay, a homicide inspector in the city's police department...Claire, a medical examiner...Jill, an assistant D.A....and Cindy, a reporter who has just started working the crime desk of the San Francisco Chronicle. Joining forces, pooling their talents, courage, and brains, they have one goal. To find, trap, and outwit the most diabolical and terrifying killer ever imagined.

Hachette Book Group

4 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446610038, 0446696617, 0316666009, 1586210599

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,276,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible