3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club) by…

3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club) (original 2004; edition 2005)

by James Patterson (Author), Andrew Gross (Author)

Detective Lindsay Boxer and Assistant District Attorney Jill Bernhardt are enjoying a quiet afternoon in San Francisco when a townhouse across the street explodes in flames. A sinister note signed "August Spies" is found at the scene of the disaster, and the body of an infant who was asleep in the house at the time of the explosion cannot be found. Soon a wave of violent incidents, all with links to political terrorism and involving "August Spies," sweeps through the city. An upcoming economic summit of the world's most powerful nations will surely be a target. And it's up to the Women's Murder Club to get to the bottom of the violence before it's too late.… (more)
Member:graps
Title:3rd Degree (Women's Murder Club)
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Other authors:Andrew Gross (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2005), 352 pages

3rd Degree by James Patterson (2004)

English (73)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (79)
Out for an early morning run with her dog, SFPD Lieutenant Lindsay Boxer sees a three story townhouse explode. After calling dispatch for assistance, she enters the burning house to look for survivors. She finds a man and woman, dead, an also a young boy who is still alive. There is a strange message found at the scene. This is just the start.

A baby kidnapped and a man found dead in a hotel. At each murder a message is left, signed with the same name. The same name found at the townhouse. Terrorists are on a killing spree. Radicals making demands and killing to make their point, even killing one of the members of the Women’s Murder Club.

Another fast action packed book with strong women characters and brutal crimes. This time there is a touch of romance for Lindsay, when one of the Feds, called in, catches her eye. Her luck with romance hasn’t been great, but maybe this time…even if it is to be a long distance romance. ( )
  ChazziFrazz | Jul 20, 2021 |
Another wonderful book in the Women's Murder Club Series. ( )
  soosthemoose | Mar 18, 2021 |
3rd Degree
Women’s Murder Club, Book 3

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

Media Type: Audiobook

Clair Washburn: Medical Examiner
Jill Bernhardt: Assistant District Attorney
Cindy Thomas: Crime desk reporter

The Story:

I am MAD at this book! I can’t say why cause it’s a spoiler but if you’ve read it you know. It probably pissed you off too. This one was tough. Tough on Lindsay. Tough on the rest of the Women’s Murder Club, Tough on the reader. So many die at the hands of a radical group and as confident as I am in this group even I doubted it would be solved. Lindsay also meets a new love interest and even though he is a federal officer I don’t fully trust him. #NoNewFriends

I finished this book in one calendar day so obviously I’m addicted to this series. Even in my anger I can’t wait for book four. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Dec 18, 2020 |
Old reviews went missing. How does save not working?

Great series; I love Women's Murder Club. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
An easy to read murder mystery. This story moved a bit too quickly - finding out about Jill, her husband only told off, the agent getting involved - story became a bit choppy as a result of moving through those parts too fast. ( )
  kshydog | Dec 13, 2020 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gross, Andrewmain authorall editionsconfirmed
It was a clear, calm, lazy April morning, the day the worst week of my life began.

Someone in the Women's Murder Club is about to die...

The Women's Murder Club returns in a shockingly suspenseful thriller. Plunging into a burning townhouse, Detective Lindsay Boxer discovers three dead bodies...and a mysterious message at the scene. When more corpses turn up, Lindsay asks her friends Claire Washburn of the medical examiner's office, Assistant D.A. Jill Bernhardt, and San Francisco Chronicle reporter Cindy Thomas to help her find a murderer who vows to kill every three days. Even more terrifying, he has targeted one of the four friends. Which one will it be?

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446614831, 0446696641, 0316743860, 158621599X, 1594839522

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,191,237 books! | Top bar: Always visible