All About Scabs (My Body Science Series) (My…

All About Scabs (My Body Science Series) (My Body Science Series) (edition 1998)

by Amanda Mayer Stinchecum (Author)

Explains how scabs form and the healing function they serve.
Member:Ralph_Wilson
Title:All About Scabs (My Body Science Series) (My Body Science Series)
Authors:Amanda Mayer Stinchecum (Author)
Info:Kane/Miller Book Pub (1998), Edition: Ill, 28 pages

All About Scabs by Genichiro Yagyu

This book is all about scabs and more. It goes into the science of scabs and how to take care of them. Children are very clumsy at a young age so it is important for them to understand what is happening and how to properly care for them. This book accomplishes both. It would be great for a read aloud or also for teaching a health or science unit during class time. ( )
  CameronHaag | Apr 15, 2018 |
This is a straightforward and humorous book that teaches readers the fundamentals of scabs. The illustrations are simple and look as if they could have been drawn by a child, making this topic more accessible and fun for young readers. This book could be included in a unit about the human body and/or skin. ( )
  EliseMT | Feb 10, 2015 |
This story looks at how scabs are formed and what happens if you continue to pick them. I originally bought this book for my daughter because she was continually picking her bites and scabs. She would end up scars on her arms and legs. After reading this book, she now understands (as much as a 6 y/o can) why they are important to helping her body heal. This book would be excellent in a kindergarten class. ( )
  kgeorge | Dec 3, 2012 |
A clear description of what scabs are and why you should leave them be. My daughter loves it and actually is somewhat better about leaving scabs alone instead of picking them off now. The book works partly because it takes a fairly juvenile approach to the matter which has its icky moments. If scabs bother you at all, you will hate it a lot. ( )
  ezwicky | Sep 4, 2007 |

Kane Miller Books

An edition of this book was published by Kane Miller Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,649,912 books! | Top bar: Always visible