Joining (Shefford Series, 2) by Johanna…

Joining (Shefford Series, 2) (edition 2000)

by Johanna Lindsey (Author)

Series: Shefford's Knights (2)

The remarkable Lindsey magic is stronger than ever! The spectacular #1 bestselling author returns with a glorious tale of passion and duty set in medieval England. A betrothal has been announced that will join together Britain's two most powerful families , a union of wealth and influence to rival even the King's himself. But not only does the dangerously ambitious King John oppose this wedding, but Milisant and Wulfric : the intended bride and groom , are equally unhappy with the arrangement. Two passionate, headstrong people, they resent being thrown together for purely dynastic reasons. But fate's many twists and turns , and the unpredictable predilections of two unconquerable hearts will turn an unwanted marriage of convenience into a true and eternal joining of desire and love.… (more)
Member:alreynolds
Title:Joining (Shefford Series, 2)
Authors:Johanna Lindsey (Author)
Info:Avon (2000), Edition: Reissue, 400 pages
Collections:TBR, Your library, To read (inactive)

Work Information

Joining by Johanna Lindsey

This book was okay. Not great and not awful. It held my attention. ( )
  Jyvur_Entropy | Jan 11, 2021 |
I didn't see love at first sight other reviews are talking about. He was arrogant and barely listened to her, I know it was a different time but he irritated me no end. The term 'wench' when he was annoyed particularly irked me.
Not impressed. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
This book was alright. Johanna Lindsey is a pretty good writer, and the characters and atmosphere are well formed. But unfortunately, Milisant is one of the most grating, abrasive, and annoying heroines I've ever come across. She is completely unlikeable, completely anachronistic, ridiculous, and I wanted to smack her all the way through. Couldn't understand for a moment why Wulfric would ever want to marry such an annoying little shrew. She wasn't cute, she wasn't spunky, she was ~obnoxious. And rather ruined my liking of the story. ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Typical Lindsey historical. Betrothal from childhood. Childhood grudge turns love. Quick read. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 12, 2013 |
If you like JL, you'll love this book. It is her perfected formula. ( )
  StacyLHanson | Sep 19, 2011 |

Belongs to Series

Walter de Roghton sat in the antechamber outside the king's chamber, where he had been left to wait.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,085,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible