A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris

English (94)  Italian (1)  All languages (95)
I really enjoyed the first Sookie Stackhouse novels, but these short stories were a little ridiculous, but sweet. Since they don't tie in to a plot, they were also a little boring and pointless. Alas they were cute none the less. ( )
  marie2830 | Sep 2, 2018 |
I absolutely loved this book and this series! I got involved with this series before True Blood became a show and I couldn't quit reading. I ended up getting all caught up and then had to wait each year for the next to come out until Harris finally reached the end of the series (I was devastated and wanted more Sookie Stackhouse in my life). It's been nearly 10 years since I read the first one and probably getting close to time for a re-read! ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Aug 2, 2018 |
Well this was just a little disappointing. These were very short stories that could have just been added to the books themselves. The one that was absolutely necessary to a story line (so far) was One Word Answer, because it gives us all of the detail on Hadley's death that is essential to that book. Also the last story, Gift Wrap was just odd. I think maybe her great grandfather had good intentions, but to bribe a fairy to sleep with her for Christmas? Who does that? . ( )
  itswawawhitney | Jun 19, 2018 |
An incredibly fast read, read it in an afternoon. I liked that it answered some questions that I had with vagueness or discrepancy in the actual novels. I don't feel like the stories were written as well as the actual series but they were still entertaining. ( )
  JamieBH | Apr 3, 2018 |
It was a nice revisit to many of the beloved characters from the Stackhouse series. Obviously some are better than others but overall a nice, quick read. ( )
  staceyfronczak | Apr 3, 2018 |

Charlaine Harrisprimary authorall editionscalculated
Parker, JohannaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Permatasari, HarisaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For all those readers who want every last sip of Sookie
FAIRY DUST: I hate it when fairies come into the bar.
DRACULA NIGHT: I found the invitation in the mailbox at the end of my driveway.
ONE WORD ANSWER: Bubba the Vampire and I were raking up clippings from my newly trimmed bushes about midnight when the long black car pulled up.
LUCKY: Amelia Broadway and I were painting each other's toenails when my insurance agent knocked at the front door.
GIFT WRAP: It was Christmas Eve. I was all by myself.
FAIRY DUST: 'We won't use lemons.'
DRACULA NIGHT: 'What happens in Shreveport, stays in Shreveport.'
ONE WORD ANSWER: 'Abracadabra, please and thank you.'
LUCKY: Maybe it's not a good sign when the area vampire bar is on your speed dial.
GIFT WRAP: 'Pretend you have mistletoe.'

A compilation of the "Sookie" short stories

A collection of every short story featuring Sookie Stackhouse, the telepathic waitress heroine of the best-selling Southern Vampire novels.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,550,129 books! | Top bar: Always visible