The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance by…

The Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance

by Trisha Telep (Editor)

Other authors: C. T. Adams (Contributor), Ilona Andrews (Contributor), Kelley Armstrong (Contributor), Anya Bast (Contributor), Meljean Brook (Contributor)20 more, Rachel Caine (Contributor), Cathy Clamp (Contributor), Alyssa Day (Contributor), Lori Devoti (Contributor), Jeaniene Frost (Contributor), Lynda Hilburn (Contributor), Allyson James (Contributor), Dina James (Contributor), Jean Johnson (Contributor), Sherrilyn Kenyon (Contributor), Holly Lisle (Contributor), Sara Mackenzie (Contributor), Cheyenne McCray (Contributor), Catherine Mulvany (Contributor), Mary Jo Putney (Contributor), Michelle Rowen (Contributor), Eve Silver (Contributor), Maria V. Snyder (Contributor), Carrie Vaughn (Contributor), Anna Windsor (Contributor)

Series: Weather Warden (Short story "Blue Crush", 1.5), Lords of Avalon [Kenyon] (Short story "The Wager", 2.5), Kitty Norville (Short story "The Temptation of Robin Green", 0.5), Key to Hell (Short story "Once A Demon", 9), Mammoth Books, Mammoth Book of Paranormal Romance (1)

Recently added byprivate library, pnwbookgirl, zuzamiller, GanneC

Read the following authors:
Jeaniene Frost
Meljean Brook

Need to go back & read:
Rachel Caine for sure
Skim the other authors. Also read: Eve Silver, Dina James, Maria Snyder, Catherine Mulvaney, Lori Devoti, Sara Mackenzie, Lynda Hilburn, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Allyson James. Overall worth reading. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Before reading this book I had a nosey at the reviews and recall seeing someone claiming there 'was not enough romance' - well, for the first few there seems to be more smut with paranormal thrown in as a setting and little else. Don't get me wrong, the paranormal element was great, I just wish the author had focused more on that and then had romance as a theme and not the other way around.

Once I got past these few 'oh my god, take me now' stories as I like to call them, I found myself in a world of amazing paranormal writing. Quite a few of these authors have since been added to my 'to read' list although I was sad to find that a lot of these seem to be one off stories. The worlds created for the reader in these short stories are incredible and I wish they had been continued in fully fledged series.

There is something for everyone. There are even some stories in there that when I think of 'paranormal' I might not have considered before - and I was really glad they were included! There's romance of all sorts here, from all ages and situations. I definetly recommend this to fans of the genre. ( )
  jadedlioness | Dec 29, 2015 |
I won't go through each story as others have already done so better than I could. However, for me, were both good and not so good stories in this collection. There was a couple that I didn't finish. I especially enjoyed the story by Jeaniene Frost, and have since bought other books by her. Overall a mixed bag of stories, but it helped me discover a few new authors I liked, so on that basis, I would recommend this collection. ( )
  autumngirl70 | Apr 3, 2013 |
I'm extremely surprised by how much I enjoyed this anthology! I picked it up intending to just read the stories by authors I know I like—Kelley Armstrong, Ilona Andrews, Carrie Vaughn, Holly Lisle, Jeaniene Frost, Maria V. Snyder. I had never heard of some of the other authors. A few names I remembered seeing in other anthologies and not enjoying their work.I did, however, deliberately put myself in a tolerant mindset: this is a book of romance stories. It wouldn't be fair to judge them as anything else.That worked rather better than it has in the past. I still got a little annoyed at having so much of each story dedicated to couples (and all het/mono couples, at that!) rather than some intriguing world ideas, but managed to stay on track.In the end, I only skipped one story—I just don't like the Weather Wardens stuff at all. I found a couple of others substandard, but all in all, Telep chose very well. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys paranormal romance (maybe even those who usually stick to just romance), and most urban fantasy fans. ( )
  BellaMiaow | May 29, 2012 |
I bought this book to read the Ilona Andrews short story The Grace of Small Magics, which is about a powerful mage who stakes his life on a woman with small magic but a large indomitable spirit. The heroine's family is indentured servants to the Mage's family, and she is required to help him, but ends up making the choice whether to help him or not for her own reasons. The world that Ilona Andrews has built is fascinating, and I would love to see more of it. ( )
  cmwilson101 | Sep 17, 2011 |

The wager / Sherrilyn Kenyon

In sheep's clothing / Meljean Brook

The dream catcher / Allyson James

24 new short stories from the hottest names

Fall in love with someone out of this world.

If love transcends all boundaries then paranormal romance is its logical conclusion. From the biggest names around, here are 24 tales to take you to another time and place.

Let Alyssa Day, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Cheyenne McCray, Jeaniene Frost, Ilona Andrews, Kelley Armstrong, Maria V. Snyder, Carrie Vaughn, Allyson James Marland and others show you powers beyond your wildest imaginings.

Within these pages mythical beasts, magical creatures of all shapes and sizes, heart-stoppingly handsome ghosts, angels, and mortals with extra-sensitive sensory perception play out the themes of extraordinary desires.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:43 -0400)

From some of the biggest names in the field, here are 24 tales to take you away from life ordinary. Contributors include Alyssa Day, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Ilona Andrews and Maria V. Snyder.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,194,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible