The Accidental Human (The Accidental Series,…

The Accidental Human (The Accidental Series, Book 3) (edition 2009)

by Dakota Cassidy

172None68,632 (3.72)3
Member:chibikame
Title:The Accidental Human (The Accidental Series, Book 3)
Authors:Dakota Cassidy
Info:Berkley Trade (2009), Edition: Original, Paperback, 352 pages

The Accidental Human by Dakota Cassidy

I think I have a new favorite author... ( )
  ChachaCenteno | Feb 6, 2014 |
What I Loved: Almost everything about this book. It made me laugh, cry, and want to tag along for the ride. Wanda grew so much during this book that it was hard not to love her! There is one scene between Wanda, Nina, and Marty that had me bawling like a baby. Dang you Dakota Cassidy!

What I Liked: I really liked all the funny moments, most of which were brought to us by the manservent extraordinaire. I also appreciated bringing all 3 couples together at the end so you could see how different they all really were!

What I though was So-So/Didn't Like: Not a darn thing!

Why I gave it 4: Ok so this book was a close 5 for me. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead is because I wanted a little more of the end scene with them all gathered together. I would say that is a spoiler but ummmm we are reading a romance LOL.

Who I would recommend it too: PNR readers who enjoy some snark :)

Other Books in the Series: The Accidental Werewolf, Accidentally Dead ( )
  thehistorychic | Jul 12, 2010 |
I picked this up on a whim at the library, being in somewhat of a paranormal mood lately. Unfortunately, I found it kinda of “meh”. I admittedly haven’t read the first two books in the series, but I don’t think they were necessary for this storyline. I liked Wanda, and the story of Wanda and Heath, but Wanda’s friends Nina and Marty just rubbed me wrong. They’re kinda bullies… though that would apply more to Nina than Marty. And Wanda took *forever* to tell anyone about her illness, and I think it would have been more interesting to have more time spent with *everyone* dealing with what was going to happen, rather than Wanda just dealing with it herself. So it was an okay read overall, but not good enough for me to seek out more of her work. ( )
  miyurose | Jul 3, 2009 |
I suppose it's kind of silly to even waste time "reviewing" a romance novel. The whole point of them is to escape reality and take a mental break. But good romance novels, ones that are well-written, DO indeed exist. This is not one of them.

Ms. Cassidy sets up this series with 3 female friends who are all attractive and self-sufficient. All have grating personalities and communication deficiencies which would never allow them to actually be friends. It is too difficult to suspend my disbelief.

All 3 are gorgeous women who have romantic pasts. The meat of these stories is that a "hawt" man suddenly, literally within days, inexplicably falls in love with them and MUST have them, will stop at nothing to have them. The girls resist, resist, resist, then finally give in.

I can't even begin to comment on the stupid use of slang and colloquialisms that dumbs these books down even more.

I will concede that the cover art is attractive. ( )
  GirlMisanthrope | May 28, 2009 |
Of course, I expected nothing less out of Dakota Cassidy and I must say that she fulfilled everything that I had come to expect from her writing. In this book, we're following Wanda as she struggles to decide whether she's going to tell her friends about her unexpected delivery of bad news from her doctor. She has become cocky, snarky and above all, sometimes frogetful of others feelings. But this is about her, right?

But then something happens one night at a party she was holding at her house for Bobbie-Sue, a man - a very delicious man has decided that he wants to sell cosmetics. And he's very good at it. He's confident, sexy, and very in tune with his color aura! But there had to be some type of catch - no man wants to sell cosmetics unless he's looking to bag some women! Or so she thinks. Heath has quite a few secrets himself and finds himself falling for Wanda. As she is falling for him.

I'm not going to spoil the book for anyone - it's touching and very funny (if you like that kind of stuff). Although at the end we find out what the illness was that Wanda had, I think she made the right choice. But it's full of surprises and the ending, well, let's just say that it's a huge surprise! But in order to find that out, you'll have to read the book for yourself!

But if you haven't read this series yet, I would suggest starting with The Accidental Werewolf, and then Accidentally Dead. This series is funny and once you've read something by Dakota Cassidy, you'll want more and more! ( )
  RuthiesBookReviews | May 8, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042522595X, Paperback)

Immortality bites- new from the author of Accidentally Dead and The Accidental Werewolf.

Wanda Schwartz is raking in the dough selling Bobbie-Sue Cosmetics-and she's a pro at recruiting new saleswomen. So, she's shocked when a man comes to one of her in-home parties-a very hot man. Heath Jefferson is sure to put some extra spin into a lot of women's color wheels.

When Wanda is diagnosed with a terminal illness, it doesn't have to be a death sentence. With a werewolf and a vampire for best friends, she has options that most ordinary people wouldn't. As Wanda ponders what to do about her mortality, Heath reveals he has secrets, and one of them is that his former bloodlust has turned into an old-fashioned lust-for Wanda. And he's already given up too much to lose the love of his lifetimes.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:16 -0400)

Although diagnosed with a terminal illness, cosmetic saleswoman Wanda Schwartz isn't as fearful as she should be about her fate, especially since her best friends, a vampire and a werewolf, have the power to make her immortal upon the simplest request.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,501,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible