Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope by George…

Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope

by George Lucas (Director/Screenwriter)

Other authors: Anthony Daniels (Actor), Carrie Fisher (Actor), Harrison Ford (Actor), Alec Guinness (Actor), Mark Hamill (Actor)3 more, James Earl Jones (Voice), David Prowse (Actor), John Williams (Composer)

Series: Star Wars Movies (Episode 4), Star Wars Trilogy (1)

Acting: 5.0; Theme: 5.0; Content: 5.0; Language: 4.5; Overall: 5.0; This was the beginning of the classic Star Wars series. The audience is introduced to a variety of characters: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, C-P30, among others. Luke finds his beginning after his aunt and uncle are found murdered by the Empire and he, along with the others, set off to avenge the evil villains. Wonderful film. There were at least four uses of vulgarity in this film. Highly recommend. ***October 25, 2018*** (Watched with Jonathan) ( )
  jntjesussaves | Nov 2, 2018 |
Acting: 5.0; pretty solid acting from this great cast of memorable actors.
Theme: 5.0; the evil Galactic Empire threatens to destroy opposing planets with their world-destroyer, the Death Star, so a band of rebels including Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi, moisture farmer Luke Skywalker, smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca, Princess Leia Organa, and droids R2-D2 and C-3PO lead a strike to destroy the Empire's new superweapon.
Content: 4.5; the usual gunfights and lightsaber duels of Star Wars; several characters are shot, slashed, and blown up, including some major characters; a character's arm is cut off and you can see a substantial pool of blood.
Language: 4.5; four uses of vulgarity.

The origin of the Star Wars saga, Star Wars: Episode IV- A New Hope -- known to many simply as Star Wars -- serves as our introduction to this galaxy far, far away. From a cast of memorable characters including the wizened Obi-Wan Kenobi, cocky Han Solo, and diabolical Darth Vader, the film opens up a whole new world that is unlike anything we've ever seen before. Such world-building scenes as the memorable cantina sequence let us see just how big, unique, and diverse this galaxy is, with alien species that are each different from one another. While the story is simple, having a small group of rebels overthrow a giant, evil Empire, it is done is such a fascinating way, with such a memorable group of characters and such a vast galaxy, it creates an atmosphere of fun and adventure that you really can't experience anywhere else. While the sequel (The Empire Strikes Back) is better I believe, this movie is still a solid introduction to the saga, and it is something that I think anyone will love, even if they aren't a big sci-fi fan. Definitely check this movie out, and its sequels (and prequels). The world is so interesting and the adventures are so fun that you will fall in love with the universe. I know I have. ***Watched October 28, 2018*** ( )
  DarthTindalus | Nov 2, 2018 |
By the time I read this in 1977, after I had read E E 'Doc' Smith and Isaac Asimov, it was a bit thin and flat.
But I was pleased to have photo stills from the film. ( )
  CarltonC | May 4, 2017 |
A farm boy stumbles across information needed to save the galaxy from a giant death ray.

We've passed the point now on the IMDb's Top 250 where all I can really say about these movies is, "Dude, it's f***ing [insert title here]." So: Dude, it's f***ing Star Wars.

Concept: B

Hamill, MarkActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jones, James EarlVoicesecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Prowse, DavidActorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, JohnComposersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Use for video recordings of the 1977 film Star Wars, also known as Episode 4 or A New Hope, in whatever format. Do not combine with novelizations, screenplays, comic book adaptations, or other versions.

Princess Leia is captured and held hostage by the evil Imperial forces in their effort to take over the galactic Empire. Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and two robots (R2-D2 and C-3PO) work together to rescue the princess and restore justice in the Empire.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,806,816 books! | Top bar: Always visible