Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands

Single White Vampire

by Lynsay Sands

Recently added byRena37

English (20)  Czech (1)  All (21)
I LOVED this book!!! I can't wait to read the rest of the series and the two before this one. This book is about a vampire that writes books about vampires and people think of course that the work is fiction. I love the main character, Lucern! I also thought that Kate was a great example of a strong female character! I am addicted to Lucern! ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
Let me say the narrator in this book stinks! I think he tried but he made the characters sound so terrible. Luc sounded like an old stodgy man with white hair and a plump belly and a stogy instead of a so hot you want to drop your clothes vampire. And the female character voices! UGH! He also reads the next book in the series, which is making me consider actually reading it and not listening to the audio-book. Now with that complaint done let me talk about the actual story. It was another great installment to the Argeneau Family with Sands trademark humor. It was wonderful to see Luc come out of his shell with Kate's assistance. Kate is certainly going to have her hands full with Luc. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I really like this series. Sand's writing kind of reminds me of MaryJanice Davidson's a little. Anyway, this book had a lot of the elements you usually find in stories like this. Lucern is a groucy, I'm tired of the world, vampire and Kate is the modern, lively woman who get's him out of his slump. The different situations Kate and Lucern find themselves in are hilarious and the setting of a Romantic Time's convention was great. This another good light read. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
Once again Marguerite Argeneau is determined to play matchmaker for her children. This time Lucern the family author becomes the focus of her attentions in when Kate his publisher shows up quite unexpectedly at his home. Lucern is a sour man of few words despite the fact that he has made a living chronicling the family's romances. His books have become a great success with his fans and Kate wants him to do a book tour and a few interviews to help continue to promote them. Lucern is of course very resistant to the idea of this and tells her no immediately, unfortunately for Lucern, Kate is unwilling to take no for an answer.

Marguerite manages to talk to Lucern into agreeing to do a romance conference, which puts him into close proximity with Kate for a week. This is where the becomes much less enjoyable. When Lucern meets Chris, another editor, his first question is, "are you a homosexual"? This question set the tone for much of the book in terms of fail actually. When Kate walks in on Lucern attempting to get a quick bite from Chris she immediately fumes not because she has walked in on what appears to be an assault but because of the very idea that Lucern might be gay. It seems that since Kate is attracted to Lucern that he has no right to be gay. If that were not enough, Lucern then attempts to seduce Kate because his manhood is affronted and he has to assure her that he is indeed a straight man.

Sands did try to interject some humour into this story. At the renaissance ball Lucern unfortunately gets the table cloth twisted into his codpiece. This of course leads to a comedy of errors to free the author. Proving that she is quite aware of how gender dynamics work, Sands notes that Kate is shamed for this incident while Lucern is congratulated. This plays into Lucern's complaints throughout the book about modern independent women. At one point he mentions that women don't know their place in this generation, making Lucern an extremely unlikeable character. When he gets frustrated with Kate he refers to her as that woman and quite unsurprisingly his frustration occurs whenever she acts independently of him.

When they finally manage to agree to have sex, Kate pauses to ask about condoms and he confidently tells her that sexually transmitted disease cannot live in his system. He assumes that this is the end of the issue until she points out that his body still produces sperm. I was actually quite surprised to see a conversation regarding sexually transmitted diseases and contraception in the book. Quite often characters in this genre hop into bed casually without contemplating any repercussions which is indeed responsible in this age of HIV.

Getting condoms however turns out not to be an easy task. When Lucern calls down to the front desk to get condoms sent to his room, he is overwhelmed with the choices offered to him. Even as he discusses this, he worries constantly about the state of his erection. When he learns that it will 30 mins until they can be delievered he decides to just keep Kate busy with foreplay until the condoms can arrive. Unfortunately for Lucern, Kate is ready for intercourse long before the condoms arrive and he excuses himself saying that he left them in the other room.

Read more ( )
  FangsfortheFantasy | Sep 20, 2013 |
To Bobby, Shirley and Reg, Cathy and Bill, Mo, Darryl, and David. For the friendship and the love. Thanks for adopting me.
"Rachel swears she never wants to see another coffin as long as she lives."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0505525526, Mass Market Paperback)

SWM -- Successful biographer of family; books recently categorized as "paranormal romances." Doesn't like sunbathing, garlicky dinners or religious symbols. Likes old-fashioned values; spicy Mexican dishes; warm, nice-smelling necks and plump red lips. Currently unaware he's seeking a woman to share eternity.

SWF -- Newest editor of Romance at Roundhouse Publishing. Has recently discovered a legacy author dying to be broken out. (The tall, dark, handsome writer just needs go to romance conventions and be introduced to his fans.) Dislikes "difficult, rude, obnoxious pig-headed writers." Currently unaware she's met the man of her wildest dreams.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:42 -0400)

Roundhouse Publishing editor Kate C. Leever is determined to persuade her latest find, the reclusive Lucern Argeneau, to come out of hiding and face his adoring public. However, Kate soon learns that his 'vampire romances' are more biographies than bodice rippers, and it will be her neck on the line.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,936,404 books! | Top bar: Always visible