Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands

Single White Vampire

by Lynsay Sands

Recently added byrena75, Tintenherz13, KatrinaMartin

English (21)  Czech (1)  All languages (22)
Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands
Book #3: Argeneau Series
Source: Purchase (Print and Audible)
My Rating: 3½/5 stars

Lucern Argeneau has become somewhat disillusioned with life. After more than four centuries of living, all the things he once loved and enjoyed have become old hat, not worth the time or effort. In fact, the only thing that currently brings Lucern Argeneau any pleasure is the research he does for the books he writes. Though he didn’t intend his latest books to be so, they have been labeled paranormal fiction and now there is someone by the name of Kate C. Leever from his publishing house who just won’t stop contacting him.

As an editor at Roundhouse Publishing, Kate C. Leever is serious about her work and willing to go to great lengths to keep her authors happy. Which is precisely how she has found herself on Lucern Anrgeneau’s front porch. When Kate inherited Lucern from his previous editor, she was warned of his surliness, his apparent inability to answer phone calls/letters/emails, and total unwillingness to engage with, well, anyone! Unfortunately, for Lucern anyway, Kate C. Leever isn’t so easily put off and she is bound and determined to see him become even more successful! With that in mind, Kate has made her way to Canada and isn’t going to leave until she has a commitment from Lucern regarding at least one promotional event.

Lucern has every intention of getting Kate C. Leever in and out of his home in short order. He has no interest in what she’s offering, no interest in further promoting his already successful books, and no interest in her as a mere mortal. Thanks to a series of unfortunate events and his nosy mother, Lucern can’t get Kate C. Leever out of his home, and before he knows it has agreed to a romance book convention. And he thought having her in his home was a bad idea . . . .

The romance book conference is just one bit of crazy after another, and it doesn’t take Lucern long to realize Kate C. Leever is dropping a ton of her other responsibilities to insure his happiness. With that knowledge, Lucern does his best to participate in the conference events and make Kate’s job just a bit easier. What Lucern (and Kate) both find is that Lucern is actually quite good at the whole engaging with people thing, and people tend to like him! He’s funny, intelligent, charming, and a damn fine writer. What Kate also finds out is that Lucern is a vampire, and that comes with its own set of rules and complications. All of which immediately accepts and deals with. In the face of that knowledge, Lucern begins to consider Kate C. Leever as something more than a mere mortal.

The Bottom Line: I really want to assign more than 3.5 stars to this read, but when I look at it objectively, really objectively, I just can’t get past my dislike of Kate C. Leever. Kate is a lot of everything to take and she becomes somewhat overwhelming in a not so good way. On the flip side of my dislike for Kate is my adoration of Lucern. I love that crusty, old vampire so much! His surliness and reclusiveness are as much a part of his personality as it is a product of his advanced age. In this way, Kate C. Leever, in all her overwhelmingly perky glory is perfect for Lucern! As always, I liked the twists and turns the plot took to get to the HEA and the inclusion of the extended Argeneau family. Overall, I’m still loving my re-read/listen of this series and can’t wait to keep moving forward! ( )
  arthistorychick | Jun 20, 2018 |
I LOVED this book!!! I can't wait to read the rest of the series and the two before this one. This book is about a vampire that writes books about vampires and people think of course that the work is fiction. I love the main character, Lucern! I also thought that Kate was a great example of a strong female character! I am addicted to Lucern! ( )
  MzKitty | Sep 18, 2016 |
Let me say the narrator in this book stinks! I think he tried but he made the characters sound so terrible. Luc sounded like an old stodgy man with white hair and a plump belly and a stogy instead of a so hot you want to drop your clothes vampire. And the female character voices! UGH! He also reads the next book in the series, which is making me consider actually reading it and not listening to the audio-book. Now with that complaint done let me talk about the actual story. It was another great installment to the Argeneau Family with Sands trademark humor. It was wonderful to see Luc come out of his shell with Kate's assistance. Kate is certainly going to have her hands full with Luc. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I really like this series. Sand's writing kind of reminds me of MaryJanice Davidson's a little. Anyway, this book had a lot of the elements you usually find in stories like this. Lucern is a groucy, I'm tired of the world, vampire and Kate is the modern, lively woman who get's him out of his slump. The different situations Kate and Lucern find themselves in are hilarious and the setting of a Romantic Time's convention was great. This another good light read. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
To Bobby, Shirley and Reg, Cathy and Bill, Mo, Darryl, and David. For the friendship and the love. Thanks for adopting me.
"Rachel swears she never wants to see another coffin as long as she lives."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0505525526, Mass Market Paperback)

SWM -- Successful biographer of family; books recently categorized as "paranormal romances." Doesn't like sunbathing, garlicky dinners or religious symbols. Likes old-fashioned values; spicy Mexican dishes; warm, nice-smelling necks and plump red lips. Currently unaware he's seeking a woman to share eternity.

SWF -- Newest editor of Romance at Roundhouse Publishing. Has recently discovered a legacy author dying to be broken out. (The tall, dark, handsome writer just needs go to romance conventions and be introduced to his fans.) Dislikes "difficult, rude, obnoxious pig-headed writers." Currently unaware she's met the man of her wildest dreams.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:42 -0400)

Roundhouse Publishing editor Kate C. Leever is determined to persuade her latest find, the reclusive Lucern Argeneau, to come out of hiding and face his adoring public. However, Kate soon learns that his 'vampire romances' are more biographies than bodice rippers, and it will be her neck on the line.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,848,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible