[(The Last Leopard )] [Author: Lauren…

[(The Last Leopard )] [Author: Lauren St.John] [May-2009] (edition 2009)

A third prophecy, this time involving a leopard, comes true for eleven-year-old Martine, an orphaned South African girl who has mystical healing powers over animals, when she travels with her grandmother and best friend Ben to Zimbabwe.
Member:tiger5
Title:[(The Last Leopard )] [Author: Lauren St.John] [May-2009]
Authors:
Info:Orion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) (2009)

Work Information

The Last Leopard by Lauren St. John

Since I greatly enjoyed the audio version to the first book in the series (The White Giraffe), I had high expectations. I'm not sure if this book was actually not as well written, or if the reader just did a better job of making the story flow than I was able to do in my own imagination.
Martine's life is foretold by African legends. In this story she saves one of the last leopards, and learns that her friend Ben also plays a role in the unfolding legend.
Nowhere near as good as Laurens van der Post's series (Story Like the Wind, A Far Off Place) in terms of getting a feel for African traditions and bush. ( )
  juniperSun | May 7, 2019 |
This is a very enjoyable series of books for elementary students. I recommend them! ( )
  cinnamonowl | Jul 7, 2011 |
For my godson, Matis matarise Sandile Sithole, in the hope that he grows up to love Zimbabwe and its wildlife as much as I do...And in memory of Felix and Michina, my London leapards 1990-2007.
Dawn was casting spun-gold threads across a rosy sky over Sawubona Game Reserve as Martine Allen took a last look around to ensure there weren't any witnesses.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,288,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible