The Ultimates: Ultimate Collection by Mark…

The Ultimates: Ultimate Collection (edition 2010)

by Mark Millar (Author)

Series: The Ultimates (Hardcover Vol.1)

This collection in the Ultimates comic book series features newly re-imagined incarnations of the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, and other Marvel Comics heroes. When Nick Fury, head of an elite espionage agency, hears about several bizarre characters and misfits at large, he recruits a small but lethal army known as the Ultimates, created to protect mankind from rising threats.… (more)
Member:TyButton
Title:The Ultimates: Ultimate Collection
Authors:Mark Millar (Author)
Info:Marvel (2019), 363 pages

Work Information

The Ultimates by Mark Millar

English (9)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (11)
I thought this was a well done "blockbuster" story but didn't have enough going on for me to consider it much more than fluff. Pretty good fluff, but fluff all the same. ( )
  Adrian_Astur_Alvarez | Dec 3, 2019 |
  Adrian_Astur_Alvarez | Dec 3, 2019 |
Ultimate Marvel did it again, I realize I'm almost a decade behind on these titles, but I'm impressed at the reinvention that's taken place. There are a lot of mixed feelings about these comics, but I love them.

Unlike the other big Ultimate titles, 'The Ultimates' were more limited story-arcs that can be much easier read apart without worrying about picking up the next trade.

The dark tone was pretty evident here, Hank Pym and Jan in a domestic dispute was almost more fucked up than the Ultimate X-Men one-off with the mutant kid who accidentally...well, you'll find out.

And that is really the best thing about this past decade in comics, from the original titles themselves gaining quality in artwork and writing, to limited series such as 'Civil War' and 'Zombies', Marvel has proven the versatility of its characters. Marvel writers and artists are working hard to bring back the humanity in superheroes so that they become sympathetic again.

Ultimate Marvel:

Next: 'Ultimate Spider-man, Vol 1'

Previous: I'd previously read the first 50-odd issues of Ultimate X-Men, but I think 'The Ultimates' and 'Ultimate Spider-man' equally come first in continuity. ( )
  ManWithAnAgenda | Feb 18, 2019 |
Hippie Thor? Wife-beater Ant-Man? Horny and rape-threatening Hulk? Heh. More!
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
--I was never much of a fan of The Avengers growing up (I was into the 'gritty realism' of The Uncanny X-Men ), Millar's reinvention and updating of this supergroup (for Marvel's Ultimate line) is addictive and fun, and entirely relevant ( )
  VladVerano | Oct 20, 2015 |

Mark Millarprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hitch, BryanIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
You know, I still can't believe the Germans would do something as evil as shoot down a plane full of Camel cigarettes.
Ultimates Volume 1 Hardcover is a separate work from Volume 1 Softcover (Super-Human). The hardcover is composed of both softcovers 1 and 2. It is also separate from the Ultimates Omnibus which includes hardcovers 1 and 2.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,316,942 books! | Top bar: Always visible