The Rainmaker (Penguin Readers, Level 3)

by John Grisham

Rudy Baylor is a newly qualified lawyer with no money and a lot of debts. He takes on a case against a giant insurance company who refused a claim that could have saved a man's life. The case will make him a lot of money; the only problem is, he's never argued a case in court before.

I think this book is boring for me. It is a story that described a young student that just graduaed from law school and helped a poor family agasint to the large insurance company with their poor sick son, and how the indifference human society make him feel disappointed. Maybe it will attacked someone who like the plot up and down, but for me, I just think these kind of story cannot be any more boring.
1 vote lydia_xu | Sep 25, 2011 |
This story's main character is RUDY BAYLOR who was graduated from a law school.
Before he comes true his dream--has a wonderful future,some many changes has happened in his life.Firstly,he lost his job in firm,because the factory had been bought by one of big old firms.Then,he wants to help the Blacks in fighting a insurance company.In fact,he did not take the bar exam.

I think the story is good for me. It tells us the character's experience before he succeed.The novel is a good inspirational. ( )
1 vote Di-Wu | Sep 25, 2011 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

Penguin Readers (Level 3)
This is the Penguin Reader Level 3 edition, please do not combine with the full work.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,390,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible