New tricks by David Rosenfelt

New tricks (original 2009; edition 2009)

by David Rosenfelt

Series: Andy Carpenter (7)

"Edgar-award nominated author David Rosenfelt's hilarious hero, Andy Carpenter, plunges into a high-profile murder case in which a Bernese puppy and his golden retriever play instrumental roles"--Provided by publisher.
Member:AMKitty
Title:New tricks
Authors:David Rosenfelt
Info:Detroit : Thorndike Press, 2009.
Collections:Read 2022 (160)
Rating:***1/2

Work Information

New Tricks by David Rosenfelt (2009)

Why is everyone dying around this crazy dog, "Waggy". I thought I read this before and that the dog had the dead dad's DNA and that Steve was Waggy's "brother". Is this in a later book? Sigh. I read through this book fast and enjoyed it. It was a refreshing diversion from all seriousness. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
One thing is true for me when it comes to novels about lawyers, and that's if the books are written by John Grisham or David Rosenfelt, I'm sure I'll enjoy them. Grisham's books tend toward the true-to-life, and are either fictionalized versions of actual events, or so closely resemble actual situations that they could be actual events. Rosenfelt's series of books about Andy Carpenter don't make you think they're true-to-life situations, and may never be turned into made-for-TV movies, but are easy reads, entertaining, and often keep me in a state between smiling and breaking into laughter. Admittedly, part of my liking the Andy Carpenter series is based on my familiarity with the North Jersey and NYC locations where they take place, so I can "see" or imagine the places described. Add in the fact that the Andy Carpenter is a such a dog lover and something of a smart-aleck just makes these books that much more enjoyable to me. "New Tricks" is one of a series of Andy Carpenter books, but even though this is one of a series, that doesn't mean they need to be read in any particular order. This one, the seventh in the series, involves him defending a young man falsely accused of murdering his famous scientist father and step-mother, supposedly for the fortune he could inherit, and also requires him to protect and care for the deceased's show-dog quality puppy. The fact that the crime isn't as believable as in a typical Grisham novel isn't important to me, the fact that Rosenfelt keeps me chuckling throughout is. ( )
  rsutto22 | Jul 15, 2021 |
Picked this one up since it'll be the perfect road trip listen/read for next week. ( )
  jlweiss | Apr 23, 2021 |
A good story with dogs included. The murders in this one happen fast and it is hard to figure out how they are related. Glad the main character figures it out. I would have given it a better rating if Andy wasn't so sarcastic all the time. ( )
  LilQuebe | Dec 29, 2020 |
Finally things are moving in a positive direction for Andy and Laurie. Entertaining as always. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |

David Rosenfeltprimary authorall editionscalculated
gardner, GroverNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

I am raising a literary glass in a toast to a long and wonderful life for Oliver Baron Rosenfelt.

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446505870, 0446505889

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,778,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible