Dork Diaries 1: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous…

Dork Diaries 1: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (1) (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Rachel Renee Russell (Author), Rachel Renee Russell (Illustrator)

Series: Dork Diaries (1), JBC

Fourteen-year-old Nikki Maxwell writes in her diary of her struggle to be popular at her exclusive new private school, then of finding her place after she gives up on being part of the elite group.
Member:PartridgeLibrary
Title:Dork Diaries 1: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (1)
Authors:Rachel Renee Russell (Author)
Other authors:Rachel Renee Russell (Illustrator)
Info:Aladdin (2009), Edition: Illustrated, 352 pages
Tags:Junior Fiction, #32218

Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life by Rachel Renée Russell (2009)

English (54)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (56)
Graphic novels
This first book in the Dork Diaries series follows Nikki Maxwell in her first year of high school. It covers all the bases for HS drama, including friendships, crushes/romantic relationships, frenemies, and family drama. What makes this book unique is it's POV from Nikki's perspective; it's literally her diary!
  AmandaCheney | Nov 4, 2020 |
Nikki Maxwell is a new kid at a private school. She experiences bullying and makes new friends. ( )
  klnbennett | Oct 7, 2020 |
Ok, ok, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. That said, I think this'll be one that I recommend because it's popular and I know kids will really like it... not because of my own love for the series. But now I can say I've read it! ( )
  AnnaWaffles | Aug 28, 2020 |
My rating may be unfair because I'm not the target audience, which, according to the back of the book, is ages 9-13. But the local elementary school librarian said her husband found the book to be laugh-out-loud. The main character starts attending a private school, where she feels like an outsider, but thanks to her artistic talent and genuineness and niceness she succeeds. I wondered what would have happened if she weren't good at drawing temporary tatoos on students and if the ink would make people ill. As I said, I'm not the target audience. ( )
  raizel | Dec 1, 2019 |
De meiden in de groepen 6,7 en 8 vinden deze helemaal fantastisch. Dit komt omdat het boek de fantasie van de kinderen triggert en daardoor willen ze blijven lezen. Ook leest het boek makkelijk weg, waardoor ze het idee hebben dat ze lekker aan het lezen zijn. Ik vind dit een heel erg goed boek en zal het zeker aanraden aan de kinderen in mijn groep. ( )
  Karlijnd | Oct 30, 2019 |
This Diary Belongs To:
Nikki J. Maxwell
Private & Confidential

If found please return to ME for REWARD!

(NO SNOOPING ALLOWED!! ☹)
To my daughter, Nikki, who tried her hardest to be the best little ant in the ant colony, when all along she was a beautiful butterfly.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 31

Sometimes I wonder if my mom is BRAIN DEAD.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,521,352 books! | Top bar: Always visible