Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades;…

Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades; Horrible Histories - Groovy Greeks (edition 2009)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

The goddess Persephone has summoned Percy, Thalia and Nico to the Underworld in order to retrieve Hades' powerful sword before it falls into the wrong hands. Flip the book over for lots more ancient Greek fun with Terry Deary's 'Groovy Greeks' - it's history with the nasty bits left in "
Member:Saraiest
Title:Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades; Horrible Histories - Groovy Greeks
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Penguin (2009)
Rating:*****

Work Information

Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades / Horrible Histories: The Groovy Greeks by Rick Riordan (Author)

I love Rick Riordan's writing style and characterization. I have always enjoyed mythology and he does a great job of bring any and all mytholgy to life in a fresh and new way. I find the characters to be engaging and to feel really real. His characters feel fresh and diverse without feeling like he makes them diverse just to have diversity. He does not belabor the point of their diversity it just is a fact of who they are and yet anyone who reads his books can feel included in representation. I love how he weaves the mythology into modern times so you feel like you are learning something as you are being entertained. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Halfway through this story I realised that I had already read this story. So I checked, and it's in the Demigod Files, which I think I read right after finishing the Percy Jackson series. I don't understand why it's now in my copy of the Trials of Apollo, and I honestly would have liked it better if it had been a new short story. Oh well, it was still kind of enjoyable I guess. ( )
  october.tune | Nov 15, 2017 |
I loved this little novella in the Percy Jackson series. We got to see Percy working with Thalia and Nico again, which was cool. We also meet a new god and take on a "mini" challenge. However, even though it was a novella and much shorter than the other books, it was still packed with excitement and adventure and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Some novellas feel rushed and too short, but this one didn't and that's a huge accomplishment. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Fun, entertaining, quick read. ( )
  benderca | Feb 8, 2016 |
Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades Rick Riordan
3 Stars

A short story released for world book night 2009

The children of the big 3 are summoned by Persephone to retrieve the sword of Hades which has been stolen but remains somewhere in the underworld.

Guided by a flower Percy and friends must find the thief and defeat the Titan equivalent of Hades. ( )
  BookWormM | Jan 15, 2016 |

Riordan, RickAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brown, Martinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Deary, Terrymain authorall editionsconfirmed

This short story is also in Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Demigod Files

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,313,620 books! | Top bar: Always visible