Tell Me, Tree: All About Trees for Kids by…

Tell Me, Tree: All About Trees for Kids (edition 2002)

by Gail Gibbons (Author)

Member:AsiaWashington
Title:Tell Me, Tree: All About Trees for Kids
Authors:Gail Gibbons (Author)
Info:Little Brown (2002), Edition: 1, 32 pages
Collections:K-2nd Grade Readers, Non Fiction Books
Tags:informative, trees, nature

Tell Me, Tree: All About Trees for Kids by Gail Gibbons

I thought that this was a good informational book. The author was very creative when making this and very helpful. The book goes through all different types of trees and where to locate them. It also talks about the seeds for certain trees and how they grow. I would categorize this book as informational. There really is no plot or story, it is mostly just information. I like that the book talks about the different climates and what type of trees grow where. In the book, it says, "Trees need light, moisture, soil, and space to grow. Different trees grow in different environments. Some like cold weather. Others grow where it is warm year-round. Some trees like wet places. Others grow in dry climates." Along with this quote, they included pictures of four different trees in those climates so you can see exactly what they are talking about. I would recommend this book, it is helpful, very clear and easy to understand. I think that if there was to be a big picture, it would just be to inform about the different types of trees and how to identify them. ( )
  HopeFerguson | Mar 22, 2019 |
This book is an “all about tree” informative book for children. There are two main reasons as to why I enjoyed this book. I like this book because of the informative illustrations. For example, the book has a lot of diagrams that help children understand the concepts. The book also illustrations of the actual trees that is described in the text. Another reason I like this book is because it is highly informative. The book has hard-to-understand concepts but, does a great job conveying them in a meaningful way to children. The main idea of the book is simply trees. The author explains everything about trees. Some of the topics discussed are the parts of trees, reproduction of trees, what trees are used for, and different types of trees. ( )
  AsiaWashington | Mar 14, 2019 |
This book is a wonderful informational text about trees for children. It gives detailed and accurate illustrations of the intricacies of trees and the different types. It has a clear balance of words and drawings, providing information about the trees. The color and wording really engage the readers. I would recommend this to children who are interested in biology and ecology.
  vbazuz1 | Mar 11, 2019 |
In my opinion, the book Tell Me, Tree by was a great read. I enjoyed this book because I was able to make connections to the book and learn new information. I could relate my prior knowledge of trees to the book, while also obtaining new facts about trees. For example, I was aware of some of the basic tree types such as pine and palm, however I did not know of certain ones that are provided in the book such as a Sitka spruce and mangrove. The big idea of this book would simple be to appreciate nature and all that it provides. ( )
  EmilyBoswell | Mar 7, 2019 |
I'm sure this book would be enjoyable for children, however, I wasn't a big fan of it. The structure of the book seemed haphazard whether it be the sequence of the information about trees given, or the layout of pictures vs. words. I feel it'd be difficult for a child to stay on task reading this book. A part of the book I did enjoy was the abundance of imagery. Since this is an informational text, I was happy it didn't leave many things to the imagination, such as the different types of trees in various climates. (Palm trees in warm, dry climates ect.) The big idea of this book is to teach children about trees in their many forms which was accomplished. ( )
  mackenzietimbs | Feb 28, 2019 |

Featuring a special section on how children can make a tree identification book of their own, this title is a bright and colorful introduction to trees, leaves, and their inner workings in nature. Full color.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:04 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,534,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible