I Have to Go! (Munsch for Kids) by Robert…

I Have to Go! (Munsch for Kids) (edition 1987)

by Robert Munsch (Author)

The ever-popular story of a little boy in the throes of toilet training.
Member:EileenVandenberg
Title:I Have to Go! (Munsch for Kids)
Authors:Robert Munsch (Author)
Info:Annick Press (1987), 24 pages

Work Information

I Have To Go! by Robert Munsch

I enjoyed reading this book because it was humorous and relatable. Having worked with kids for several years now, I can definitely relate in this situation. This book would benefit a child that is possibly going through potty training. I did not give it 5 stars because it was somewhat too repetitive for me. ( )
  egelva1 | Sep 4, 2019 |
Although Andrew's parents both ask him if he needs to pee before they set out on a trip to his grandparents' home, the little boy waits until they have embarked to declare that he needs to go. Unable to wait for the nearest gas station, he must relieve himself behind a tree. Similarly, although both parents and grandparents ask if he needs to go, before zipping him into his snowsuit, he waits until he is outside in the snow to declare his need. What will happen when he goes to bed...?

An amusing look at an all-too-common childhood experience - namely, refusing to go to the bathroom when opportunity presents itself, and then having a need, when that opportunity has passed - I Have To Go! is one of many picture-books from Canadian author/illustrator team Robert Munsch and Michael Martchenko. I appreciated the fact that wetting the bed is treated in a non-sentimental, matter-of-fact way here, one that strips it of any stigma or shame. The artwork is quite humorous - I think my favorite scene is the one in which Andrew relieves himself behind a tree, while his father stands in the foreground. Recommended to anyone looking for humorous children's stories about "going before you go" (one of my own mother's maxims) and/or wetting the bed. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jun 16, 2018 |
This book is about a little boy named Andrew. His parents always ask him every time he gets in the car if he needs to use the bathroom first. He is driving with his parents and he needs to go to the bathroom so bad.
Age-3-5
Source- pierce county libary
  dfranklin18 | Feb 26, 2018 |
i remember reading this book when i was a child also. reconnecting with it was great. this is an extremely enjoyable book that both child and parents can connect with. ( )
  dianamartinez | Dec 9, 2015 |
Anyone potty training needs to read this book. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |

Munsch, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Martchenko, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The ever-popular story of a little boy in the throes of toilet training.

Annick Press

5 editions of this book were published by Annick Press.

Editions: 0920303749, 092030351X, 0920303773, 1550376829, 1554512530

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,414,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible