Ben and Me: An Astonishing Life of Benjamin…

Ben and Me: An Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin by His Good Mouse… (original 1939; edition 1988)

by Robert Lawson (Author)

Benjamin Franklin's companion, Amos the mouse, recounts how he was responsible for Franklin's inventions and discoveries.
Member:RachaelNewman
Title:Ben and Me: An Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin by His Good Mouse Amos
Authors:Robert Lawson (Author)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (1988), Edition: Republished in 1988, 114 pages

Work Information

Ben and Me: A New and Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin as Written by His Good Mouse Amos by Robert Lawson (1939)

This is a charming book, but of course the facts are rather twisted. Still, a fun read for a young person-- just remind them that just as mice can't talk, there are other parts of the story that are not factual either. ( )
  bunnyjadwiga | Dec 12, 2021 |
NA
  pszolovits | Feb 3, 2021 |
This is a rather silly book about the mouse responsible for all of Ben Franklin's big ideas. It's mildly amusing, and I especially enjoyed the climactic scene, but there's not much substance to it ( )
  ImperfectCJ | Sep 11, 2020 |
Read this in fifth grade and still remember it today. I remember seeing the movie since we did some adaptions to compare the books against them. I honestly don't know what to say beyond that. ( )
  AshleighDJCutler | May 12, 2020 |
I read this in one sitting as it isn't that long of a book. I wasn't quite sleepy enough to go to sleep so reading was the ideal activity!

This is the life of Benjamine Franklin as told by Amos, a mouse. Not just any mouse, but a mouse who lived with Franklin and experienced the many events in Franklin's life.

Amos came from a family of church mice. A family of 26 siblings. Being the oldest, he decided to strike out on his own. His chance to wind up as a companion to such a famous person suited him fine.

Amos is very self-confident and feels that without his being there for many of the historic events, things wouldn't have turned out as they did. That is not to say that Amos didn't have his own adventures that were part of history. It is just that many of the historians don't know the true stories and Amos has written his book to set the record straight.

A fun read, complete with illustrations. It can be enjoyed by any age. ( )
  ChazziFrazz | Dec 15, 2019 |

Lawson, Robertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Guidall, GeorgeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Since the recent death of my lamented friend and patron Ben Franklin, many so-called historians have attempted to write accounts of his life and his achievements.
Introduction: The manuscript which forms this book was sent me recently by an architect friend.

Hachette Book Group

An edition of this book was published by Hachette Book Group.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,235,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible