Dead After Dark (Shadow of the Moon / The…

Dead After Dark (Shadow of the Moon / The Story of Son / Beyond the Night…

by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Contributor), Dianna Love (Contributor), Susan Squires (Contributor), J. R. Ward (Contributor)

555None17,902 (3.72)10

★★★★★ Dead After Dark(Shadow of the Moon) by Sherrilyn Kenyon book 15.6 in Dark Hunter Series

The story of the son written in the style of BDB, but not actually part of that series. Would be nice to see them brought in though. The story of the gylmera, money and secrets.
Shadow of the moon, another short story from the dark hunters series, always good

Shadow of the Moon ( )
  Chantelle713 | Sep 25, 2013 |
After re-reading Night Play the other day, I was curious to know who Fury's heroine was and how his story played out. I'm sorry to report this was one of the worst novellas I've ever read.

Angelia, Fury's heroine, is a small minded, judgmental bitch. She treated Fury abominably and refused to accept the responsibility for her actions. She was his best friend as they were growing up, yet as soon as she realized Fury was Katagaria (his base form is wolf) instead of Arcadia (human base form) she stabbed him and left him for dead.

Now, 400 years later, she and her cohorts have a weapon that will keep weres from changing forms and make their magic useless. They kidnap Fury to find out what he knows about it, and begin torturing him when he won't tell them. This goes on for hours. Angelia doesn't actually participate in the torture, but she sees and hears it. After they brand him, she finally steps in and takes Fury away.

Not my idea of a good heroine.

Fury was his same adorable self throughout the book, but the fact that he was paired with someone who betrayed him so badly really makes me angry. Fury had never known love or acceptance. I find it really hard to believe he's going to get it from this backstabbing, self-righteous bitch.

cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
OK had to add this in my currently reading because it has Fury's story, the brother to Vane and Fang.

had just completed Bad Moon Rising and Fury's story's time line is at the end of that book since he is not mated at the beginning, and middle but ends up mated at the end.

Since Bad Moon Rising happens for a 5 or 6 year time period? Very confusing timeline, it is hard to understand the relationship between Fury and Fang in this book. I didn't think Fang lived at Vane's at all during that period, yet he is in the house and seems to have a relationship with Fury. OK so if I can get over that... the story is good over all but the forgiveness happens way too fast. I get the attraction from before and knowing each other already but... she really screwed him over and he is going to forgive and trust that quickly. Well I guess it is a short, in an anthology, and so that usually happens still it is quick. Still in some way it works, just not well with the time line.
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
The Sherrilyn Kenyon story was pretty good, but I don't think I'm going to seek out books by any of the other contributors. They were ok short stories, but nothing here that was terribly new or different. ( )
  Krumbs | Mar 31, 2013 |
For once, I loved a Were Hunter story. The story drew me in and it made me understand the problems between Katagaria and Arcdians. I loved the story and can't wait to read more of the stories. ( )
  mzserena | May 17, 2012 |

Beyond the Night by Susan Squires
Midnight Kiss Goodbye by Dianna Love

Sherrilyn Kenyon

“Shadow of the Moon”

Angelia has fought her entire life to make herself strong. Now, with her patria under fire, she has to protect her people from Fury and his werewolf clan. Vowing to bring him to justice, Angelia sets out alone…until the hunter becomes the hunted, and the only way for her to survive is to trust the very wolf she’s sworn to kill.

J.R. Ward

“The Story of Son”

Claire Stroughton is a beautiful lawyer who would rather spend the night with a legal brief than the man of her dreams. Then a routine client meeting turns dangerous—and deeply sensual—when she is held captive by a gorgeous man with an unworldly hunger…

Susan Squires

“Seize the Night”

When Drew Carlowe returns home to win back a lost love, he is quick to dismiss rumors that his estate is haunted by a stunning young ghost...until one passionate encounter leaves him mystified—and aching for more.

Dianna Love

“Midnight Kiss Goodbye”

Trey McCree possesses an insatiable desire for Sasha Armand—and supernatural powers that could endanger her life as a human. But when they team up to stop an evil warlord, Trey discovers that Sasha can do way more than drive men wild…

A collection of four paranormal romance novellas features Sherrilyn Kenyon's "Shadow of the Moon," in which Angelia is forced into an uneasy alliance with her enemy, Fury, and his werewolf clan in order to protect her people.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,505,056 books! | Top bar: Always visible