Star Wars: Essential Guide to Characters by…

Star Wars: Essential Guide to Characters (edition 1996)

by Andy Mangels

292None57,830 (3.77)None
Member:stevepugh
Title:Star Wars: Essential Guide to Characters
Authors:Andy Mangels
Info:Boxtree (1996), Paperback
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:!sold, reference, science fiction, star wars

The Essential Guide to Characters (Star Wars) by Andy Mangels

No reviews

Andy Mangelsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Butkus, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
I don't remember when I first saw Star Wars, but the initial time I was going to see The Empire Strikes Back is burned into my mind. The first friend I'd ever had who accepted me for who and what I was, Dustyn C. Halverson, was killed a half hour before we left to see the film, Wednesday, July 16, 1980. Years later, two friends would join me at the head of the line to see Return of the Jedi, on May 25, 1983. Will Goetter, Dan Tranger, and I went to Norm's News to sneak a peek of who the "other" was in the Marvel comic adaptation. An acquaintance, holding our place, got interviewed on the news. For Dusty Halverson Will Goetter Dan Tranger Friendship is forever.
In today's culture, the amount of trivial information stored in our minds is phenomenal.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345395352, Paperback)

You can find countless guides to the many gadgets and gizmos in the Star Wars universe--Bill Smith's Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, which covers everything from ship-mounted turbo-lasers to combat remotes, is just one example. But what about all the characters in Star Wars? Look, a good book about remotes is one thing. A good book about the living? That's something else.

Lucky for us, Andy Mangels has pored over all the movies and the collateral novels, comics, and computer games to put together this illustrated guide to the major and minor characters of the Star Wars universe. As would be expected, many pages are lavished on the likes of Vader and Solo, but bit players like Salacious Crumb (Jabba's cackling monkey-lizard pet) and Lobot (Cloud City's cyborg majordomo) aren't forgotten. An impressive survey in both depth and breadth, this guide fills in the gaps on some of Star Wars' most well-known personalities (who knew Luke's nickname was "Wormy"?) while revealing characters you may have never heard of (like Han and Leia's twin kids!). --Paul Hughes

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:52 -0400)

Keep your eye on the empire! Research the rebels! Features detailed profiles of all the most important characters in the star wars universe. Covers the movies, the books--classic and new--the comics, the TV specials, the games, and the rest of the expanding universe of star wars. Describes the history and personality of each character, with vital statistics, weapons of choice, and vehicles used. Includes photographs and original line drawings--with multiple illustrations of most characters for better visual reference. Brings you up-to-date on recent characters and events if you've been away from the star wars universe for a while. The universe of star wars is expanding faster than ever before. With the essential guide to characters in hand, you'll never lose your way.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,793,173 books! | Top bar: Always visible