Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas

Smooth Talking Stranger

by Lisa Kleypas

Recently added byBookaholicCat, private library, arena100, E_D_Walker, hpl83332, BridgetBlackwood, Dawn772, M_Sims

English (21)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (22)
I found this to be a heart-warming story about heroine's journey to love in multiple forms. Ella cares for her sisters abandoned newborn and seeks help from millionaire playboy Jack Travis who is thought to be father. Good plot, action, relevant issues, and sex - this book had them all. ( )
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
You've got to love Lisa! Billionaire playboy, and all-around ladies’ man, Jake Travis has a reputation as big as the state of Texas. He drives too fast, lives too hard, and loves too many women to count. In her advice column, and her love life, Ella Varner is always practical. So when she’s left holding her reckless sister’s baby, she decides to ask Jake Travis to take a paternity test. Ella is instantly struck by Jake’s bold good looks and easy charm—but she’s not falling for his sweet talk. This big sexy tomcat needs to take responsibility for his actions, and Ella’s making him stick to his word. Now if she can only ignore the unspoken attraction that smolders between them… ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
I LOVED the story line.

I did not even like all the detailed sex scenes.

I had just finished her Friday harbor series and was so excited that there were other books by Lisa, now I am afraid to try any of the others. I think there needs to be a sex rating on books now a days. There is a difference between what I deam ok and a fair amount and way too much.
It did not add to the story at all for me.

Ella comes to Houston to take care of her nephew who's mother has left him for a treatment facility. She takes it upon herself to try and figure out who's the baby's father is. She starts with Jack Travis and the relationship that develops is wonderful.

So much other things that I did not like about this book. Will not read any of the others in this series and now worry about her other ones.

not a fan! ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
Got this book at CVS while I was traveling because I wanted something light and easy. What a GREAT book! I kept turning the pages, and even stopped for lunch while I was driving home just so I could read some more. When I finished it, I went to the bookstore to get the other books in the series... can't wait to read about the other characters in the Travis sphere. :D ( )
  reckshow | Jan 21, 2014 |
I loved this novel and it was my favorite in the Travis series. I didn't think I would, especially with a baby storyline, but it sucked me in all the way through to the end, bringing tears to my eyes with it's happily ever after ending. I loved Jack Travis! I had a harder time getting into Ella, but she won we over soon enough. Despite some minor flaws I found it an emotional, touching contemporary that plucked at my heart strings, not to mention the sizzling love scenes between Ella and Jack. A keeper! ( )
  ktleyed | Nov 1, 2013 |
To Greg
because every day I spend with you is the perfect day

love always,

L.K.
"Don't get it, " I said as I heard the ringtone of our apartment phone.

Jack Travis leads the uncomplicated life of a millionaire Texas playboy. He makes no commitments, he loves many women, he lives for pleasure. But no one has ever truly touched his heart or soul. Until one day, a woman appears on his doorstep with fury on her face and a baby in her arms. It seems Jack is the father and this woman is the baby’s aunt. The real mother has abandoned the child to her more responsible sister. And now, Jack is being called upon to take responsibility for the first time in his life. With delicious romantic tension, characters so real they walk onto the page and into your heart, Lisa Kleypas delivers the kind of novel that makes you laugh, love; cry and cheer.

Jack Travis leads the uncomplicated life of a millionaire Texas playboy.  He makes no commitments, he loves many women, he lives for pleasure.  But no one has ever truly touched his heart or soul.  Until one day, a woman appears on his doorstep with fury on her face and a baby in her arms.  It seems Jack is the father and this woman is the baby’s aunt. The real mother has abandoned the child to her more responsible sister.  And now, Jack is being called upon to take responsibility for the first time in his life.  With delicious romantic tension, characters so real they walk onto the page and into your heart, Lisa Kleypas delivers the kind of novel that makes you laugh, love; cry and cheer.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:22 -0400)

Jack Travis leads the uncomplicated life of a millionaire Texas playboy. He makes no commitments, he loves many women, he lives for pleasure. Until one day, a woman appears on his doorstep with fury on her face and a baby in her arms. It seems Jack is the father and this woman is the baby's aunt.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,787,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible