SantaThing signup ends Monday at 12pm Eastern US. Check it out!
dismiss

Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson

Sam's Letters to Jennifer (edition 2006)

by James Patterson (Author)

Jennifer returns to the resort village where she grew up to help a beloved relative and ends up experiencing not one, but two of the most amazing love stories she's ever known. In a series of letters that Jennifer finds in the lakefront house, her relative reveals that she has concealed a huge secret for decades: her great love is not the man she was married to for all those years. As Jennifer reads about this passionate partnership, she learns more about love's imperatives and secrets than she ever dreamed possible. And then comes the biggest surprise of all. At a time when she thought she could never love again, Jennifer lets her guard down for a moment and is suddenly caught up in the most exhilarating journey she's ever experienced. Then, just as suddenly, she learns that this new love comes with an unbearable cost. Jennifer doesn't think she can survive the pain but the letters she's been reading make her think that love may help her find a way.… (more)
Member:shelled11
Title:Sam's Letters to Jennifer
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2006), Edition: 1St Edition, 272 pages

Work Information

Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson

English (62)  Lithuanian (2)  All languages (64)
This was a light, romantic story about love lost and found told partially through letters from Jennifer's grandmother, Samatha. I found the plot okay, although predictable, and the characters stereotyped and somewhat boring. I really prefer Patterson's grittier books. ( )
  PaulaGalvan | Nov 9, 2021 |
Two love stories are entwined as each letter becomes a piece of the story that upends the world she thought she knew.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 30, 2021 |
A woman is summoned back to the town where she grew up. And in the house where she spent her most magical years she finds a series of letters addressed to her. Each of those letters is a piece of a story that will upend completely the world she thought she knew - and throw her into a love more powerful than she ever imagined could be possible. Two extraordinary love stories are entwined here, full of hope and pain and emotions that never die down. ( )
  Gmomaj | Aug 17, 2021 |
Very sweet emotional story. At times a bit sappy especially for Patterson. I enjoyed the twists and turns in the story that provided options while reading of alternative endings. I hate when I can predict how a story will end.

http://bookwormreviewblog.blogspot.com ( )
  marquis784 | Sep 28, 2020 |
Read this several years ago but when reading the Woman of God made me think of this one since it left me with similar feelings about James Patterson's writing. While I enjoy Patterson for his abilities as a story teller often feel his writings are light, without an emotional impact and, as I call it, simply mind candy. When I read this one it changed my perception of James Patterson's writing as this story was written with emotion and feeling. And yes all of those things you can say about manipulative writing and trite cliches holds true here. However, this is a story that is meant to touch you to bring out and make you experience the feelings of love, of loss, of caring and ultimately of understanding. And in this James Patterson succeeded and helped me appreciate another side him beyond his abilities as a story teller. ( )
  can44okie | Aug 28, 2020 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heche, AnneNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sam and I are sitting on a mostly deserted beach on Lake Michigan a little north of the Drake Hotel in Chicago.
You are my light; you are my endless summer.

Hachette Book Group

5 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0446613347, 0446695084, 1586216325, 0316000744, 1600241093

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,337,834 books! | Top bar: Always visible